Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

17 minutes ago, Striker said:

I cannot believe we are still in this.

The Packers need to send a nice fruit basket or something to Ron Rivera and Carson Wentz.

It’s just like 2010 and Coughlin punting to Jackson.

Can you feel it because I can ******* feel it.

• Like 1

If we, the 49ers, and Eagles all win next week, we get another shot at the 49ers. While both us and the 49ers would enter the game on long winning streaks, I think we are the hotter team and it is the hotter team that usually wins. We experienced that first-hand 11 seasons ago when the Giants upset us in the Divisional Playoffs, up until that game home teams had been undefeated in the 2011-12 postseason, the one road team I really wanted to win in the first two rounds was the Texans, since they were playing the Ravens, and we all know what that team means to Browns fans. Both that game and the Giants-Packers game took place on Divisional Sunday, it is safe to say the wrong road team won that day.

14 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Time to play an actual non-fraudulent NFCN rival. I am considerably more worried about this game than I ever was the Vikings. 

Im not

I was more worried about this game because i would hate to have a packers game that didnt matter

• Like 1

Just now, pf9 said:

If we, the 49ers, and Eagles all win next week, we get another shot at the 49ers. While both us and the 49ers would enter the game on long winning streaks, I think we are the hotter team and it is the hotter team that usually wins. We experienced that first-hand 11 seasons ago when the Giants upset us in the Divisional Playoffs, up until that game home teams had been undefeated in the 2011-12 postseason, the one road team I really wanted to win in the first two rounds was the Texans, since they were playing the Ravens, and we all know what that team means to Browns fans. Both that game and the Giants-Packers game took place on Divisional Sunday, it is safe to say the wrong road team won that day.

Of course, the Giants were only able to start the playoffs at home that year despite going 9-7 because they won their division. Without seeding priority for division winners, the Giants would have been forced to open the playoffs at the Saints, having been on the wrong end of a 49-24 beatdown at the Superdome on MNF earlier in the season; at the time the Giants had not won in New Orleans since 1993, also on MNF, their lone road win against the Saints between then and 2021 was a game relocated to Giants Stadium because of a hurricane (normally the Giants are only visitors in their own stadium in some games against the Jets, with whom they have shared a stadium since 1984).

@HokieHighit all comes down to this I'm going to keep going negative because it seems to be working. I was serious though, never thought we'd be in this situation. You have to admit, you never really thought Detroit would be in this situation either. 

If we get in, I want the 49ers to exercise those demons.