Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

9 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Do you have access to the Monday update? I know Detroit was 9th and we were 11th after week 16, and the Packers had the third highest score in week 17. We had been virtually tied (4ish%) with Detroit going into it so we may have pulled ahead. 

I can also see DVOA rankings for the last four weeks. We're the best team in football over that stretch, Detroit is 10th.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• Like 2

We are trending in the right direction on both sides of the ball. Offense has been slowly getting better the second half of the season. Defense sharply got better recently. Hope the defense keeps playing aggressive and the offense can get a little more efficient in the red zone. I expect a win now which sucks, I like it better when I have no expectations.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, craig said:

Thanks, OG, I'd wondered how L/R distributed Hutchinson might be.  And agree for sure, MLF has to make that decision, personal feelings notwithstanding.  I think Tom has played very little on the right side, correct?  He's played LT and LG, but wasn't yesterday his first snaps at RT?  

Will be interesting to see how MLF plays it.  

Based on what I've seen he's more over RT than left, but that is an eye test the times I've been forced to watch the Lions, say 5-6 games. I would bet he's there almost exclusively Sunday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packerstk7 said:

We are trending in the right direction on both sides of the ball. Offense has been slowly getting better the second half of the season. Defense sharply got better recently. Hope the defense keeps playing aggressive and the offense can get a little more efficient in the red zone. I expect a win now which sucks, I like it better when I have no expectations.

Don't sleep on the Lions. They are a good football team. 

Detroit has a very good offense and I believe they are pretty healthy.  Packers offense is going to need to be really productive, I don't think this is going to be a game we can win with ≤2 offensive TD's.  For the Packers offense to be better, I think the passing game is going to need to be very productive.  No, I'm not talking about abandoning the run or anything, but the passing game is going to need to do its part, perhaps a larger part.  Should be fun. 

Given how we looked back at 4-8 (or getting trounced by Miami in the first half), this is just an unexpected surprise to still be this interested in the Detroit game!  Fun, fun, fun.  

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Don't sleep on the Lions. They are a good football team. 

Young and perhaps showing some inconsistency....They lost to a not so good Carolina team not too awfully long ago...GB has the pedigree of being a multiple SB winner and Detroit has nothing comparable....The Packers have members with more playoff experience, even though the Lions have Goff and ex-Packer RB Jamaal Williams....IF GB can start off hot liken to the Minnesota game, we should be able put the doubts back into the minds of the hapless Lions.....If they can hang around like they did in the earlier meeting, that would certainly bode well for them....