Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

Packers have to replicate the intensity of the last game. They have to see this game like the last as a playoff game, because in essence, that is what it amounts to. Last I checked, Detroit not only had a better DVOA than the Vikings but also the Packers. I bet on the Packers, but it's going to be close.

21 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Based on what I've seen he's more over RT than left, but that is an eye test the times I've been forced to watch the Lions, say 5-6 games. I would bet he's there almost exclusively Sunday. 

Without looking it up I would agree that he’s over the RT moreso than the other side but he moves around quite a bit depending on the package.

• Like 1

If you’re expecting any Lions player to pack it in if their playoff hopes are squashed, you’re in for a bad time. 

Tough game against a tough opponent in a tough stadium. Campbell will have his guys juiced up regardless of what Seattle does. Even without playoff hopes, they’ll still play hard for a chance at a winning record, the best division record and sweeping the Packers. 

Here’s to a hopefully injury free, tough game! I might just make the trip out there but won’t know for sure until I can scrape out my work schedule. 

@Malfatron I love you everyday but Sunday. ;)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

If you’re expecting any Lions player to pack it in if their playoff hopes are squashed, you’re in for a bad time. 

I agree. I had said many times that i want the rams to win because i dont want to face a pissed off lions team with nothing to lose

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

I would have to imagine that if the Lions are eliminated before the game, there will be one or two players pulled from the game as several Lions players have nagging injuries and you wouldn't want to take the chance aggravating those injuries.  One of those could be Frank Ragnow.

Other than that, I expect the Lions to come out full bore considering the little respect they are getting right now.

If they are officially eliminated from the playoffs before our game begins I suspect they will come out full bore in the hopes of knocking us out too.

• Like 1

Just going to post my thoughts about the Lions.

Buckle your chinstrap tight and bring it on every play.  Because they will.

This is an intense team that comes prepared.  They are well coached.

They have an excellent offensive line.  Very good running game and QB who can manage a game well when he can lean on the run.

I think their defense is sound without a lot of "star" power.  But it can play well as a unit.

GB needs to come out focused and with intensity.  This is not a "show up and win" kind of game at home.  

Much respect for what the Lions have done this year.

• Like 1

It is so important for teams to get healthy and hot late in the season.  Green Bay is healthy and hot.  Detroit should not beat us, but of course they could.  We also should not have beat Miami or Minnesota, and did so rather handily.  I expect a close game.  If it's a big point differential it will be in our favor.  Close game could go either way.

Green bay will win I will predict, and then put up a good fight but lose in the first round on the road.

Edited by 15412

1 minute ago, 15412 said:

It is so important for teams to get healthy and hot late in the season.  Green Bay is healthy and hot.  Detroit should not beat us, but of course they could.  We also should not have beat Miami or Minnesota, and did so rather handily.  I expect a close game.  If it's a big point differential it will be in our favor.  Close game could go either way.

Green bay will win I will predict, and then put up a good fight but lose in the first round on the road.

If we play SF in the first round of the Playoffs (or any part of them actually.....) - I'd be surprised if we beat them.
We've beaten DAL this year. We've been around the block with MIN this year. PHI would be a different challenge....but I think we could play with them. Tampa? Those bastards have won games by the skin of their teeth against teams lacking QB or offensive talent: NOLA - Dalton or Hill. AZ - McSorely (if thats spelled correctly who knows...). CAR - Dalton - who played well till crunch time....when he turned into Dalton again. 

15 minutes ago, Howler said:

I'm still not sold on the offense. The defense has rebounded. 

I agree.

But the offense is dangerous.  Rogers is getting healthy and the more he plays and preps with the young WR's the better we will be.

And the o-line has solidified along with the run game.

Just the threat of Watson on the field means so much to this club.  And I swear, Doubs can beat someone who decides to stick their 3rd or 4'th corner on him for a game.

• Like 1