Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

6 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Man - I am worried a bit.

Everyone is acting like we are playing Texans and Packers will have an automatic win. 

Lions are very dangerous team and Dan Campbell can use this media showing disrespect thing to players and bring 150% out of the team. 

If they start playing extreme physical which they are capable of doing, we might be in real tough spot. 

I hope Matt Lafluer is taking notes of all these. 

This is a team that got absolutely bullied by the panthers offensive line and ground game. Our line is at least ... 3x that size.

8 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Every non Packers fan gonna be rooting for Detroit in this one for obvious reasons, especially if Seattle finds a way to lose earlier in the day(not confident of that). Used to the Packers being villains since they're one of the playoff mainstays, and fans love to see new teams/franchises getting their opportunities. Hoping the Pack absolutely demolish Detroit like they did Minny this past week. Rodgers gotta be taking this game personally I'd imagine, especially since his first matchup vs them was seriously one of the worst games of his career

I think Seattle losing to the Rams is just not happening. With nothing to play for besides respect, Lions will be in 4 down territory the entire game, this will be stressful for our defense. Hopefully our guys continue to come up big and we can force some mistakes. Rodgers going into Jedi mode would definitely ease my mind on this one. Hope it’s a fun game. 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

My knee jerk reaction is to say "yes".  But really, it wouldn't be.

He's been meh for most of the year.  Probably hanging around the top 10'ish area for QB's.

Hand injury to blame and inexperienced WR's.

Even if he stinks, I think it is fair to say he can come back better next year, just by being healthy and having live reps with these WR's.

I think it will play out a lot like Favre's final season. If Rodgers goes out there and absolutely sucks in whatever the last game of the season is, I could see them wanting a clean break. But if he's anything above average, he'll be back barring retirement.

1 hour ago, Jaire_Island said:

Man - I am worried a bit.

Everyone is acting like we are playing Texans and Packers will have an automatic win. 

Lions are very dangerous team and Dan Campbell can use this media showing disrespect thing to players and bring 150% out of the team. 

If they start playing extreme physical which they are capable of doing, we might be in real tough spot. 

I hope Matt Lafluer is taking notes of all these. 

Are you sure you are in the right forum?  Nobody here is talking about this DET game as an easy win.

On 1/2/2023 at 7:54 PM, Old Guy said:

Completely took what I said out of context. I said if Seattle wins, and we get Detroit down they may pack it in. It's one thing to want to beat us. It's another to try and make some miracle comeback. In fact, I could see players who are going to get a decent payday this off season suddenly pull a hammy or something, so they don't have to chance an injury. Can you imagine tearing an ACL when you were about to become a free agent, in the last game of the year with no playoff aspirations. 

Literal business decisions will be made. I wouldn't blame any of them for asking to sit if there were no playoff chance. 

That simply won’t happen. It’s against everything the coaches have instilled in the players. Anyone quits or fakes injury wouldn’t be a Lion next year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

That simply won’t happen. It’s against everything the coaches have instilled in the players. Anyone quits or fakes injury wouldn’t be a Lion next year.

Yah not a chance.  We'll get their best.  Good to see the Lions turning it around.  Tough opponent.  Got them and home and I like the Packers chances at Lambeau.  No gimme though.  Don't think we'll have a comfortable win like against the Vikes.  This one will probably come right down to the wire.  That Goff for Stafford trade is working out pretty good for them.

• Like 1