Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I agree.

But the offense is dangerous.  Rogers is getting healthy and the more he plays and preps with the young WR's the better we will be.

And the o-line has solidified along with the run game.

Just the threat of Watson on the field means so much to this club.  And I swear, Doubs can beat someone who decides to stick their 3rd or 4'th corner on him for a game.

You can tell Aaron has grown as a leader this season during his presser after the game. I love the potential of this team, especially if we get in we will be on the road.

23 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I agree.

But the offense is dangerous.  Rogers is getting healthy and the more he plays and preps with the young WR's the better we will be.

Just the threat of Watson on the field means so much to this club.  And I swear, Doubs can beat someone who decides to stick their 3rd or 4'th corner on him for a game.

Plus the offense is starting with much better field position these days. They will get it together.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I really don't think it'll make any difference for them in how they play. 

as a team no I don't think their plans would change.  As an individual, you would wonder if some folks would play differently once they know if they are playing for the postseason or are already eliminated

48 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I agree.

Agree, I think the o-line looks so much better now than early in the season.  And I think Rodgers is much more comfortable back there, he's not so spooked as a guy gets when pressure was coming from any and every direction.  I think the offense has the potential to be productive.

Still, the run-game struggles in both short-yardage and red-zone.  It's not like 3rd-and-1 is a safe conversion or anything.  Or like getting 1st-and-goal at the 5 is a safe deal that you can just power-it-in.  Not sure that's going to change.  

If the offense is going to be more consistent, I think it's the pass game that still needs to get better.  Not sure Aaron has the zip or the accuracy of the elite QB's.  And even with the OL giving more consistent time, it seems that between the WR's and MLF's schemes, I don't know that there are a lot of receivers getting open and enabling easy completions.  But *IF* things are to go right, I think the passing game needs to and could get better.  I think there are some possibilities for that to happen.  Especially given Detroit's vulnerability to the pass, we're going to need to complete a lot of passes and there may be opportunity.   

Even with the big win on Sunday, between Watson, Jones, Rodgers, and PI calls not made, there were opportunities for some much bigger plays.  Hopefully on Sunday we convert on as many as are necessary to win.  

1 hour ago, Toddfather said:

You can tell Aaron has grown as a leader this season during his presser after the game. I love the potential of this team, especially if we get in we will be on the road.

Aaron seems to relish the underdog role.  He's best when he thinks the media thinks he and the Packers suck.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Aaron seems to relish the underdog role.  He's best when he thinks the media thinks he and the Packers suck.  

HE sure as heck doesn't relish the role as the "favorite" team.  Or home field advantage.  Or anything else that would make things easier.  So yah, why not relish the underdog role?

Like there's no pressure.  House money.

Wouldn't mind it if MLF installed the "no punt after the 45 yard line" rule.  We cross midfield, we aren't punting Aaron.  Get it done.  

And for the love of God, Aaron, do not take a sack on 4'th down anymore.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

HE sure as heck doesn't relish the role as the "favorite" team.  Or home field advantage.  Or anything else that would make things easier.  So yah, why not relish the underdog role?

Like there's no pressure.  House money.

Wouldn't mind it if MLF installed the "no punt after the 45 yard line" rule.  We cross midfield, we aren't punting Aaron.  Get it done.  

And for the love of God, Aaron, do not take a sack on 4'th down anymore.

I'm all for throwing the kitchen sink at opponents from here on out.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

Not worried about Offense.

Not worried about Special Teams.

Not worried about Defense except Pass rush. Barry should seriously think about how to get some pass rush. 

Loosing Gary look so important now then ever. 

Hollins was a decent pickup. I wonder if there’s some edge rusher sitting at home right now that would be worth a look. Mercilus is probably staying retired. Devon Kennard? Anyone else? Wouldn’t hurt to get one more body with experience there, even if they’re not great. 

29 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Hollins was a decent pickup. I wonder if there’s some edge rusher sitting at home right now that would be worth a look. Mercilus is probably staying retired. Devon Kennard? Anyone else? Wouldn’t hurt to get one more body with experience there, even if they’re not great. 

Brian Orakpo?

• Like 3