Week 18 Gameday Thread (Win And In Edition) - Green Bay Packers (8-8-0) vs. Detroit Lions (8-8-0)

Striker

22 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

It's honestly hilarious that the 4-8 Packers would end up controlling their own playoff destiny heading into Week 18. God bless the terrible NFC

Not really a terrible NFC, just the NFL for adding that 7th seed, we'd have been eliminated today if not for the expansion.

52 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

@HokieHighit all comes down to this I'm going to keep going negative because it seems to be working. I was serious though, never thought we'd be in this situation. You have to admit, you never really thought Detroit would be in this situation either. 

If we get in, I want the 49ers to exercise those demons. 

i hope we have a full triathlon for our demons against the 49ers

i never expected the lions to be in this situation because i don't pay much attention to that dumpster fire of a franchise. i like their coach and jamaal williams though - his gf comments after we didn't resign him were timeless.

Best scenario is Vikings, Packers, Seahawks, Niners, Cowboys, Giants winning this next week.

There might be some weird scenario where those things don't work up to this, but I'm assuming other games don't matter to make this happen...

Packers would go to Dallas.
Giants to Minnesota.
Eagles to Tampa Bay.

Packers have to beat the Niners no matter what scenario I can concoct, but this is the best scenario for the rest of the way.

Packers, Vikings, Buccaneers win the first week.

Packers would go in and surprise the Niners.
Vikings would beat the Buccaneers.

Packers-Vikings championship game.

In the AFC we'd hope for the Jaguars, Chargers, Ravens, Steelers and Bengals tearing things up.

Chiefs or Bills would take a miracle to beat.

Those other teams? I'd see us as the favorites.

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Best scenario is Vikings, Packers, Seahawks, Niners, Cowboys, Giants winning this next week.

There might be some weird scenario where those things don't work up to this, but I'm assuming other games don't matter to make this happen...

Giants to Minnesota.
Eagles to Tampa Bay.

Packers have to beat the Niners no matter what scenario I can concoct, but this is the best scenario for the rest of the way.

In the AFC we'd hope for the Jaguars, Chargers, Ravens, Steelers and Bengals tearing things up.

I have to think the Giants will be resting a few guys. Their position doesn't really change whether they win or lose. That would put the Eagles in tremendous position to lock the #1 seed down. 

I actually want to go to San Fran and get that rookie QB in his first playoff game to exercise some demons.

This isn't the same ole Lions though. They play hard and they are playing pretty well. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Giants to Minnesota.
Eagles to Tampa Bay.

vikings game next week doesn't matter for this scenario.

30 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Giants to Minnesota.
Eagles to Tampa Bay.

IF MIN wins and all 3 of PHI, SF and DAL lose in week 18.  seeding is 

1. PHI
  2. MIN
  3. SF
  4. TB
  5. DAL
  6. NYG
  7. GB

Wild card

• GB over MIN
  • SF over NYG
  • DAL over TB

Divisional

• GB at PHI   Getting PHI off the bye might not be awful if Hurts is not sharp and 100%
  • DAL at SF   Dallas pulling the upset over SF

NFCCG

• GB at DAL   the storylines and drama of Rodgers vs MM
  • Like 2