The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Waller might be using again dude just got two crazy arse head tattoos. 

This is why I'd offer the Packers our 2nd/3rd this year and a conditional pick next year, it could be a one year rental. 

Yea I saw that 🙄like really bruh never should’ve gave ya azz some money

One possibility is the Raiders guaranteeing Rodgers that same $60 million — and perhaps more — but paying it over a longer period. As one NFL executive explained, they can turn the $60 million into $70 million, with $35 million guaranteed upfront and the other $35 million paid as a roster bonus in 2024.

That would enable the Raiders to allocate more of their 2023 cash budget to other areas of the team, including re-signing running back Josh Jacobs. And it also would mean Rodgers committing to the Raiders beyond one season.

The word out of Green Bay is the Packers want two first-round picks for Rodgers. That’s excessive for a 39-year-old quarterback who has contemplated retirement for the past two years. But rest assured, the cost will be reflective of a four-time MVP.

The Raiders undoubtedly would have to surrender their first-round pick (No. 7) in 2023 and, depending on how many other teams are interested in Rodgers, a 2024 pick ranging from their first to third.

From Vinny's article: 

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/davante-adams-aaron-rodgers-reunion-with-raiders-dont-count-it-out-2724707/

Edited by NYRaider

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Apparently he's fond of JMD and I'm sure Adams has said good things about him to AR. But man I will be extremely intrigued to see how the JMD/AR dynamic plays out, especially with his weekly PMS interviews airing out team business. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Depending on the draft capital to acquire Rodgers, I don't see how doing so would have an impact for the worse. 

You get a QB who was an MVP 2 years ago in a offense with solid weapons including one he's played his entire career with. Winning tends to cure a lot and Rodgers will help that. The entire organization will get a shot in the arm with him at QB. 

So what is the impact for the worse?

As for McDaniels, there is some risk sure. But, I would think his approach with Rodgers would be different given what he's established in his career and how he works. He'd be getting an MVP caliber player, not someone he has to try to mold, etc. 

The question you need ask, does adding Rodgers win you a Superbowl? Look at the Rams, they added Stafford because he was the difference to winning the Super Bowl. Our own history is checkered with the 1st and second for Palmer which failed catastrophically. 

I don’t think the team is an Aaron Rodgers away from a Super Bowl. He’d make the team much more entertaining and I’d personally hope to see a hard knocks with this team if they trade for him. But ultimately I think he’d be a bandaid. 

9 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

The question you need ask, does adding Rodgers win you a Superbowl? Look at the Rams, they added Stafford because he was the difference to winning the Super Bowl. Our own history is checkered with the 1st and second for Palmer which failed catastrophically. 

I don’t think the team is an Aaron Rodgers away from a Super Bowl. He’d make the team much more entertaining and I’d personally hope to see a hard knocks with this team if they trade for him. But ultimately I think he’d be a bandaid. 

The team definitely isn't an AR away from a Super Bowl but if you add him the hope would be to use the rest of our resources to at least get into the conversation. 

Even with Rodgers though we still need:

2/3 new starters on the OL

To resign Jacobs or find a starting RB

Potentially 7-8 new starters on defense (would only count on Crosby, Hobbs, Chandler, maybe Moehrig)

Waller and #7 is the absolute most I’d give up for Rodgers, absolutely nothing more than that. If GB comes back with their two-FRPs demand, I’m laughing in their face and walking away (if I’m Ziegler).

That said: If I’m Ziegler and 2nd-round pick + 3rd-round pick = Rodgers in Vegas, I’m doing that deal without hesitation. After that, I’d be all in on trying to trade down from #7 to accumulate more draft capital.

• Like 1

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm assuming the terms are at least somewhat agreed too, because couldn't Carr just negotiate a deal with them and sign there in free agency? Which was why they refused to let him visit with teams up until this point?