2023 Free Agency

Dessie

12 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Zig and Josh better nail this draft. They’re putting a lot eggs in that basket. You want to build the core of your team from the draft. That’s is perfectly fine, but you should still use FA to supplement and help you get there. We’re exactly the same on the OL, DL, CB(actually worse). 

Massive fail in FA. Way too many holes to just sit on our hands and hope some rookies play at a high level. 

Just gonna watch some Caleb Williams highlights 

How can anyone be confidant with what is transpiring? 

We downgraded the QB position.  We still have massive holes to fill along the Oline.  Miller and Parham (potentially) are the only serviceable starters that we have.  JE is a depth piece and is best served as a backup.  Jacobs is pissed and wants a long term deal.  If I was him and don't get that deal, I would hold out.  If forced to play I would have a season riddled with "soft tissue" injuries and not surprisingly we have zero depth behind him.  Adams is pissed and how this situation plays out will be quite interesting but I would not be shocked if he holds out and demands a trade.  We trade Waller and as it stands now we're starting bum Jasper Horstead with zero talent behind him.  We had Moreau who is average at best and once again he chose to test FA than to resign and play under JM.  

The Dline is a complete disaster outside of Maxx.  No quality starters and no depth.  It's truly remarkable how JM/DZ have given zero priority to the interior Dline over the last two years and the only splash signing was a washed up 32YO Jones who is cooked.

LB is a **** show.  Perryman, our only serviceable LB chose to test FA and create a massive hole.  We sign Spillane who has been a 3/4 ILB in PIt and now we expect him to come in and play MLB.  He's an UDFA who hasn't seen the field much in his first four years.  He played more last season but to mixed reviews.  Meh....  Our other LB's are straight up trash. 

Our CB's are a joke with the only player who has played decently at times is Hobbs but he is far from a penciled in starter.  Outside of him, ooff.  Bum fest.

Our safeties are a mess as well.  Morehig has been underwhelming and our lack of pass rush won't help him reach his potential.  Epps is a backup who will be forced to start for us.  

There is not much to like here, this team is a complete disaster and it's becoming apparent that our FO has no plan nor any idea on how to build a roaster.  I see all this chatter about finding a bunch of starters via the draft.  Expecting a starter beyond the 2nd round in year one is foolish, it's possible to land a quality year 1 starter in the third but it's highly unlikely.  Our best odds are interior Oline but outside of that the odds are minimal.  

One the bright side we have a very good special teams unit with a great kicker and punter and I have a feeling they will be used very often this year....

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Starting to think that our staff may think the OL was less of a problem than we think. They must be placing a big bet the group takes a step forward with a year of continuity and a QB who doesn’t concede a sack the second the pocket is less than pristine. 

If you want to see how Jimmy G plays when he is trailing, when the O has to abandon the run game and becomes one dimensional watch the last series of the 2021 NFC Championship game against the Rams. The D pinned their ears back as there was not threat of the run and was one of the few times all year that he had a negative game script where the 9ers had to play catch up.  Let's just say it was abysmal. 

He is going to be facing those same negative game scripts early and often with this team and I fully expect him to play at a well below average level.  Jimmy G has never played with a terrible D and having to consistently play catch up. 

• Like 1

Yet again we created holes and cap space amd managed do nothing with it.

How much more does anyone need to see before we start admitting that McZiegler are Pat's sleeper cells sent by Bill when he noticed that the Raiders may have, despite having an owner ripped straight from the pages of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, finally been on an upswing? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

How can anyone be confidant with what is transpiring? 

We downgraded the QB position.  We still have massive holes to fill along the Oline.  Miller and Parham (potentially) are the only serviceable starters that we have.  JE is a depth piece and is best served as a backup.  Jacobs is pissed and wants a long term deal.  If I was him and don't get that deal, I would hold out.  If forced to play I would have a season riddled with "soft tissue" injuries and not surprisingly we have zero depth behind him.  Adams is pissed and how this situation plays out will be quite interesting but I would not be shocked if he holds out and demands a trade.  We trade Waller and as it stands now we're starting bum Jasper Horstead with zero talent behind him.  We had Moreau who is average at best and once again he chose to test FA than to resign and play under JM.  

The Dline is a complete disaster outside of Maxx.  No quality starters and no depth.  It's truly remarkable how JM/DZ have given zero priority to the interior Dline over the last two years and the only splash signing was a washed up 32YO Jones who is cooked.

LB is a **** show.  Perryman, our only serviceable LB chose to test FA and create a massive hole.  We sign Spillane who has been a 3/4 ILB in PIt and now we expect him to come in and play MLB.  He's an UDFA who hasn't seen the field much in his first four years.  He played more last season but to mixed reviews.  Meh....  Our other LB's are straight up trash. 

Our CB's are a joke with the only player who has played decently at times is Hobbs but he is far from a penciled in starter.  Outside of him, ooff.  Bum fest.

Our safeties are a mess as well.  Morehig has been underwhelming and our lack of pass rush won't help him reach his potential.  Epps is a backup who will be forced to start for us.  

There is not much to like here, this team is a complete disaster and it's becoming apparent that our FO has no plan nor any idea on how to build a roaster.  I see all this chatter about finding a bunch of starters via the draft.  Expecting a starter beyond the 2nd round in year one is foolish, it's possible to land a quality year 1 starter in the third but it's highly unlikely.  Our best odds are interior Oline but outside of that the odds are minimal.  

One the bright side we have a very good special teams unit with a great kicker and punter and I have a feeling they will be used very often this year....

So you want Jacobs to act like a b**** lol

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yet again we created holes and cap space amd managed do nothing with it.

How much more does anyone need to see before we start admitting that McZiegler are Pat's sleeper cells sent by Bill when he noticed that the Raiders may have, despite having an owner ripped straight from the pages of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, finally been on an upswing? 

Yall forgetting about the 2nd round of free agency when good players get cut after the draft. I think that's their strategy, see what the draft lands then have lots of money to spend on solid vets who get cut, and I think it's a good one.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Starting to think that our staff may think the OL was less of a problem than we think. They must be placing a big bet the group takes a step forward with a year of continuity and a QB who doesn’t concede a sack the second the pocket is less than pristine. 

Here is the thing if the offense is better and doesn't stall in the 2nd half of games like it did under Carr, and the redzone improvements. We can still win games. You can easily go back and look at 4 or 5 games where a spooked Carr lead us to 0-3 points in the 2nd half. But we blame the defense or the other conspiracy that Josh was calling bad plays on purpose to make Carr look bad which is laughable. 

• Like 1

It’s really becoming apparent that our staff is confident in their ability to coach raw OL players up and in turn don’t want to allocate their prime resources to that position group (for better or worse). I’m still at a complete loss as to why we have sat on our hands regarding the defense. These guys are obviously confident in their ability to draft. I applaud them for staying away from the crazy destined to fail FA deals, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little concerned with how little proactivity it seems has been pointed at the D. 

Edited by FloydFan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I mean, "less than pristine" would actually be an improvement on what we've had for a while now.