Week 18: NY Collapse vs Philly #1 Seed & the Bye

Kiltman

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

NFC East champs

Bye week next week

Nobody hurt

Nothing else mattered. You can miss me with all these NFZ style point narratives 

Nope! Not a GD thing else matters until 2 weeks from now.

Cowboys just got trucked by Washington against thier 3rd string QB.

Good Day!

#1 seed. 

Take some time to relish this boys. I know it’s been an oddly great year and we aren’t going out of the regular season flying high but just realize how rare this is. You might get an Eagles team as a #1 seed just a handful of times in your fan life. This is a special year. Let’s keep it rolling. 

• Like 5

This has to be the most demoralizing 1 seed clinch ever lol… BUT we got the W which is all that matters. We’ll all feel much better next week when everyone is playing while we get healthier. Just gotta hope this sloppy play of the past month isn’t who we are now, and that off the bye we’ll be back to the Eagles that dismantled half the teams on their schedule. 

I’m sure this was a very weird game for the coaches to call given how the Giants genuinely rolled over from the jump by starting Webb w/ a backup OL. I knew they’d rest guys and take it easy, but they truly had no intention of winning this game, and once that was evident, playcallers had to play a fine balancing act.

Also spin zone: maybe we got the ugly play out of our system? Plus everyone will be picking 49ers to come out of NFC, I’m sure Lane, Kelce, BG and Cox will try to stir up that same underdog narrative we had in 2017.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

#1 seed. 

Take some time to relish this boys. I know it’s been an oddly great year and we aren’t going out of the regular season flying high but just realize how rare this is. You might get an Eagles team as a #1 seed just a handful of times in your fan life. This is a special year. Let’s keep it rolling. 

Proud of our guys… the one seed… be a tough out and focus on executing every down. All you can do

What’s going on w/ Jordan Davis? Did he play today? Very odd how he’s been handled since returning from injury. Almost an afterthought in our edemas now after many were considering him a key cog early in year.

I’d almost hope it’s that we rushed him back, since that’d explain him being invisible lately.

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

What’s going on w/ Jordan Davis? Did he play today? Very odd how he’s been handled since returning from injury. Almost an afterthought in our edemas now after many were considering him a key cog early in year.

I’d almost hope it’s that we rushed him back, since that’d explain him being invisible lately.

Think with the additions of Suh and LJ, he hasn't been asked to be the full time run stuffer like the 1st 1/2 of the year.

Add the current play of Hargrave, Cox and even Williams who all are vastly improved from thier slow starts. Think thats also played a factor in his snap count, not just the injury.

Like with Nakobe Dean I'm curious if Gannon trusts the Veterans DT to be in the right spot at the right time over the Rookies potentially free lancing whenever they want?

I'm more concerned about Nakobe's complete lack of participation on Defense rather then JD. Especially with Kazir seemingly getting burnt over and over game after game?

Edited by Nabbs4u