2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But you're smart enough to know that wont happen.

Can't think of any player at this caliber (maybe even at even a lesser level). Team doesn't want them anymore so they ask for a trade to the 1 and only team they want to go to. And bc of compensation that team says no, you can retire instead.

There's times legends in the game want a trade and the team says no and they go back to the team. But never do they say no and force the man to retire.

I'm not even lying that if that happens. GB will be torn to pieces in the media and everywhere. Where it'd be incredibly hard for them to come back from that.

Idk man, a lot of people are on Green Bay’s side. Rodgers being a jerk to the media and the LOL Jets narrative does us zero favors in that regard.

If Green Bay legitimately doesn’t get close to what they want I think it drags.

What would your max offer be? I’d do 2 2nd round picks. They’re easy enough to recoup through trade backs and we have a decent amount of depth we can load off in some positions.  

29 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Idk man, a lot of people are on Green Bay’s side. Rodgers being a jerk to the media and the LOL Jets narrative does us zero favors in that regard.

What would your max offer be? I’d do 2 2nd round picks. They’re easy enough to recoup through trade backs and we have a decent amount of depth we can load off in some positions.  

My max offer would be a 2023 2nd, with a conditional 2024 pick. 

Some former players said that Rodgers should call the Packers bluff out, show up for team workouts, put insane weights up and see the Packers reaction when he starts risking injury and puts the Packers in a bind. 

The idea that we are a team that could even afford to give up the 13th pick and assets like that, we literally have a OL that was awful last season that has not had a single improvement yet. We have no center on roster, we have a 39 year old LT and a OT coming off injuries.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Trey Wingo who has been on top of this said this won't take long to get done, most reports say the deal probably won't include a first. Think Favre package as a reasonable comparative. If the Packers had said they were firmly going to need firsts, the Jets and Packers would never have gotten to this point, so they had a idea of what was being asked before they started talking. 

Who is reporting that it won't cost the Jets at least one FRP?

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

They can always stand strong with that they think a new system and another off-season of maturity will be great for him. And if it isn’t they’ll reevaluate after 2023. Doubt Zach has came up in talks. But I’m sure even if he is, the Jets are saying he’s garbage. They’re going to talk like they fully believe in him. And that they’re only interested in getting a new QB if it’s the likes of AR or someone of that status.

We might know that that’s BS. But I’m sure that’s their stance. Where it makes us not look as QB desperate. Makes ya look like we want AR but if not we believe in Zach as well.

You don't pivot back to your bust of a QB when you're owner already told the media that they'd move heaven and earth to make sure they got their franchise QB.  Odds are he's QB2 next year.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Mine is a 2023 2nd and a 2024 2nd at max that can go down if he doesn't play for us next year.

Or even a 2024 1st straight up and that's it. No conditions and more picks. Just that pick. Likely that pick is mid to late 20s or even 30s.

38 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You don't pivot back to your bust of a QB when you're owner already told the media that they'd move heaven and earth to make sure they got their franchise QB.  Odds are he's QB2 next year.

Yup, both sides showed their hands unfortunately went Murphy and Woody did those interviews. 

• Like 1

My final offer would be Corey Davis, Jordan Whitehead, Zach Wilson, a conditional first-round pick in 2024 and a conditional first-round pick in 2025 for Rodgers and David Bakhtiari.

Jets take on the entirety of Rodgers' salary, which is offset a little bit by dumping three contracts to Green Bay. These are three players I assume Green Bay would accept just from a depth chart standpoint. 

The conditional first in '24 goes to Green Bay if Rodgers decides to play in 2024. Obviously, he would have to make his decision by draft day, 2024. If he retires, Green Bay gets a third-round pick in 2024.

The conditional first in '25 goes to Green Bay if Rodgers decides to play in 2025 AND the Jets reach the Super Bowl in either 2023 or 2024 ('24 SB and '25 SB, technically). If one of those conditions is not met, Green Bay gets a third-round pick in 2025.

That would be my offer to the Packers. 

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

My final offer would be Corey Davis, Jordan Whitehead, Zach Wilson, a conditional first-round pick in 2024 and a conditional first-round pick in 2025 for Rodgers and David Bakhtiari.

Jets take on the entirety of Rodgers' salary, which is offset a little bit by dumping three contracts to Green Bay. These are three players I assume Green Bay would accept just from a depth chart standpoint. 

The conditional first in '24 goes to Green Bay if Rodgers decides to play in 2024. Obviously, he would have to make his decision by draft day, 2024. If he retires, Green Bay gets a third-round pick in 2024.

The conditional first in '25 goes to Green Bay if Rodgers decides to play in 2025 AND the Jets reach the Super Bowl in either 2023 or 2024 ('24 SB and '25 SB, technically). If one of those conditions is not met, Green Bay gets a third-round pick in 2025.

It's a good deal. Otherwise, include Bechton in the deal instead of the pick. I'm not sure if Bechton can swing at both LT and RT, otherwise he may be too valuable. But Bakhtiari makes a lot of sense despite the injuries. He doesn't have to start every game. It's a tough call. Jets have gaping holes and probably need to address the O-line first and foremost. All the contingencies should be based on 23' AR metrics however.

3 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

And the Packers would promptly laugh you off the phone with that offer, and probably block your number for a few days.  Let's recap this.  The Packers eat an additional $8.7M beyond what Rodgers is set to make ballooning his dead cap to over $40M.  And then you want to tack on additional $10.5M for Corey Davis and an additional $7.25M for Jordan Whitehead on top of that?  So the Packers are eating $58M to allow the Jets to rent out Aaron Rodgers for a measly 3rd round pick?  That's insane if this is a real offer.  You're not getting cap relief AND paying peanuts for a player.  That's straight fantasy.

1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

It's a good deal. Otherwise, include Bechton in the deal instead of the pick. I'm not sure if Bechton can swing at both LT and RT, otherwise he may be too valuable. But Bakhtiari makes a lot of sense despite the injuries. He doesn't have to start every game. It's a tough call. Jets have gaping holes and probably need to address the O-line first and foremost. All the contingencies should be based on 23' AR metrics however.

Bekton doesn't have any real trade value, and Jets probably need him more.

27 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Bargain bin shopping 

Herbig replacement that can play G and C.

Not a bad move.

Rumor is we LOVE JMS. Interested to see how we attack that if we are all in on drafting him. Assuming we still have 13. That’s likely too high for him. He might be there for our 2nd if we don’t trade that away. I could see us make that trade up for him if we still have our 2nd like we did for Hall last year. But not totally sold JMS makes it out of Round 1. So we trading back from 13 maybe for him? Or trading back into round 1 for him from our 2nd?

Last time we went OT early and traded up for a C it worked out pretty darn well for us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I like DJ’s and Bucky’s proposal.

Fair value:

1) 2nd and a conditional 2024 3rd that can become a 2nd or

2) a 4th and a conditional 2nd next year that can become a 1st

Let GB decide which they prefer.

I’m fine with either one

Edited by SDotNova