Titans Off-Season News

KingTitan

24 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

This would only make sense if the other report was true. If we were telling him he needed to take a pay cut or we’d cut him, it’s certainly possible he’s asked out.

That's all i can think of. 
Take a pay cut
He says no.
They say we will trade you then.
He says do me the decency of releasing me so I can pick my own place. 

Thinking about it.. Losing kB would be heartbreaking.. Not sure why we would ask him for a paycut when hes always out there. He's a top FS in the game and a leader of men.. Tell Ryan and his bum ankles to take a pay cut tf

Imma be mad if we lose KB frfr

It’s pretty much the Tannehill situation on defense. KB isn’t actually overpaid for what he is. But with a restructure and void years tacked on, his cap hit is his other than what he’s worth and we’re approaching the end of the contract so the solutions are tougher.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if we approached him about an extension that would’ve dropped his cap number this year and been a reduced APY in his 30s.

byard was *good* last year- not quite his typical all-pro level. he'll be 30 this year. very well could be a blip and he could have more great years in him...or he could be starting to decline. i don't think the bet on his decline is worth taking relative to the not-that-significant amount of money we'd be saving, though. especially since his floor is still basically a good starting safety, and there's a lot of room to get worse there- not to mention the leadership he provides.

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

My other theory is that we’re planning on a massive blow up and are hoping to get Simmons to sign long-term relatively soon before starting from scratch and dealing Tannehill, Henry and Byard.

I think they were asking him to be a good soldier and he said nah I'm good. And seeing it would cost then money to cut him pretty much. 

Go ask someone else to take a pay cut.