Titans Off-Season News

KingTitan

6 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

How did this move signal a full rebuild KT? Cutting a C when you have Brewer that could slide into the only place on the line I think he'd be able to play anyways and its a good year to go find a C else where and lowkey I thought we all kinda figured Ben was done here? imo he needs to retire from injuries cause I love the dude. Legend 

My point is tho was someone cut that we didn't see coming? Lewan we knew Bud. Bobby Trees? Everything that's happened thats went down so far this offseason I feel like we all knew idk 

I just think it's more than the player, its about the mindset that goes with it. 
They are going younger and cheaper. 

I get what you saying about Lewan and them, because I feel the same way. 

But something about getting rid of Ben Jones that wasn't costing terribly a lot, means they have no interest in trying hold anything together on the line (rightly so) and want to rebuild it from the ground up. 

So yeah, I'm with you. We are letting go of guys that should really be let go, but it's just the mindset that comes along with the moves and more so this move. 
I will say I don't think the "rebuild" is a sign of bad. Cause I think we can replace these guys with better versions through draft and FA. 
But yeah, the current era of Titans is done. 
I'm with just moving on from Henry and Tannehill too. 
A whole new approach and style. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I just think it's more than the player, its about the mindset that goes with it. 

But something about getting rid of Ben Jones that wasn't costing terribly a lot, means they have no interest in trying hold anything together on the line (rightly so) and want to rebuild it from the ground up. 

So yeah, I'm with you. We are letting go of guys that should really be let go, but it's just the mindset that comes along with the moves and more so this move. 
I will say I don't think the "rebuild" is a sign of bad. Cause I think we can replace these guys with better versions through draft and FA. 

vrabel says we need to get younger and cheaper literally every offseason. ben jones was a leader and a beloved player here but he also wasn't actually good last year and he's about to be 34 years old. nothing about this move is any more indicative of a "rebuild" than any of the other moves we've made thus far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I hear you on that mindset and Id say you're right but I saw a lot of mocks on here that had Ben retiring. Lowkey had every move we've made in their mocks. The other moves I mean had to happen for the cap. And injury concerns from Lewan and Bud. I don't think it's truly over or we are sending that mindset till we trade Henry or a guy like KB or Tanny. Those moves SCREAM full on rebuild/ERA OVER. But Id love a new approach and style. So I'm slowly getting behind the idea of trading Henry and going all in for 1st pick this year its just tough knowing we have so many holes but gotta do it at some point..

Real talk the era ended that night we traded AJ combined with the night cincy beat us along with our window slamming shut for a few years. I thought the ravens playoff L hurt in 08 cause I truly believe we win the SB that year if they don't hurt CJ but the cincy game hurts way more cause of the guys we had on the team and I also think we had the squad to beat KC that year with the game being at home as well.. Then the rams who we already smacked on SNF that year? Think Cincy cost us a SB! F the AFC north haha. LETS PRAY it doesn't take another 10 years before our window opens again but if we mess this offseason up it might take that long haha crazy.. Sorry for the rant boys  

On 3/8/2023 at 9:34 AM, KingTitan said:

Flowers is better than Johnson if you ask me. He isn't some slot guy that is afraid of contact. He is maybe this generation's Steve Smith. Exact comp.  
Flowers will be good.

I get that.. but size beats all.. he may be more developed as a route runner, but Johnston's size speed combo is amazing...it's like saying you'd draft Elijah Moore over dk metcalf... I'm taking the  explosiveness with the size..

7 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I get that.. but size beats all.. he may be more developed as a route runner, but Johnston's size speed combo is amazing...it's like saying you'd draft Elijah Moore over dk metcalf... I'm taking the  explosiveness with the size..

no, it’s actually like saying you’d draft antonio brown over dorial green-beckham.

see, i can make random unfounded player comparisons too!

• Like 2

I probably take Flowers over Johnston too. Flowers is an excellent receiver and we already have one big one, so getting a quick, smaller guy with excellent hands would be a solid complement.

Hell, if we’re just looking at bigger receivers, I’d take Tillman over Johnston too.

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

no, it’s actually like saying you’d draft antonio brown over dorial green-beckham.

see, i can make random unfounded player comparisons too!

smh.. many more guys in the league with Johnson's trait/size that have turned into stars than guys like Flowers... we just saw how long a 5;10 180 pound receiver lasted on a physical team like the titans last year (Phillips).... 

and it wasn't random dude..you're just being an idiot.... as normal

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I probably take Flowers over Johnston too. Flowers is an excellent receiver and we already have one big one, so getting a quick, smaller guy with excellent hands would be a solid complement.

Hell, if we’re just looking at bigger receivers, I’d take Tillman over Johnston too.

I like Tillman but johnston is superior... he's metcalf 2.0...people over thought it with DK 4 years ago... don't do this time around.. dude would be the perfect 1/2 punch to burks and give us the vertical threat we need.. would give us the best WR combo since 2020 AJ and Corey Davis...

y'all don't get on here and start arguing with me about  receivers... this is the same forum that drooled over getting a washed up Julio jones when I told y'all DAILY it was a bad move and we should've just kept CD.. CD had his issues but the the devil we knew was far better than the devil we didn't know...  damn jROB.. he literally had the offense of the future SET and  let his WR2 walk out the building and traded his WR1.... and some of y'all have the nerve to wonder why Tannehill regressed.  we let CD walk and have been trying to replace WR2 ever since.. sure would've been nice to have CD around to  with burkes last year instead super slow Robert woods wouldn't it? and they cost roughly the same amount..

Edited by Airness McNairness

2 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

y'all don't get on here and start arguing with me about  receivers... this is the same forum that drooled over getting a washed up Julio jones when I told y'all DAILY it was a bad move and we should've just kept CD.. CD had his issues but the the devil we knew was far better than the devil we didn't know...  damn jROB.. he literally had the offense of the future SET and  let his WR2 walk out the building and traded his WR1.... and some of y'all have the nerve to wonder why Tannehill regressed.  

Yeah, I was definitely on the anti-Julio side, so don’t be bringing that argument in here.

Just because Metcalf was a big boom doesn’t mean every height/weight/speed guy is. Most aren’t.

how many guys of flowers' size go in the first two rounds? some but not very many... that size alone for most teams is gonna have him going in the 3rd round at best, although I could see the 2nd.. most GMs, including Robinson when he was here, want their 1st round picks to be elite height, weight, speed guys.. look at who jrob drafted in the 1st... adoree, simmons, Wilson, Evans, farley, conklin,etc. despite how they turned out, they were all elite prospects due to their size and atheletism. you have to take those guys early because they certainly won't be there late.. its why a guy like Ringo from GA is likely to go in the 1st even tho is CB skills are average.. you just don't find many 6 foot 200 pound corners that run 4.3 everyday... those traits alone will get him in the first round...