Titans Off-Season News

KingTitan

Our interest stated in Tom, now this. 

At the very least it tells me we are looking for a change which is exciting to me, IF any of this is actually real. 

But Carr is definitely not the change for me. I am not a Carr guy. It also just doesn’t make sense money wise, at that point I would much rather keep Tannehill.

Tis the seasons, rumors will be a flying. Just praying for a special draft night.

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I also am not sure of what QB move he could make that people would actually love outside of trading 10 years of draft picks for Joe Burrow. 

there is probably no realistic move that all fans would LOVE

but getting Carr is a move that all fans would (should) DESPISE 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Agreed on both.  I really don't think that there's a better move available than just keeping Tannehill (well, except cutting Tanny and embracing the suck).

It's not exciting, and it's not great, but sometimes there's not an easy answer.

• Like 1

To me this isn’t real. It’s just shoddy journalism. If listen to what rap sheet says, he says the titans are expected to be interested. You could say that about any team with an unsettled qb position. That doesn’t mean that rap sheet has tangible info that the titans are interested. And reporters know this, by mentioning a few teams rap sheet mobilizes thousands of DIY NFL bloggers who will retweet his info as “reports” which just increases engagement on his content. 

I don’t buy it so I’m not even speculating on what Carr in Nashville would even be like.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Yeah it would be very uninspiring.
As would just about any move that doesn't bring in some without a doubt Stud at QB. 

Even trading up for Young would be met with a group of haters. 

i will say i do like this overall approach, even if kelly feels meh. with a defensive head coach, we're always going to want multiple guys on staff who could take over at OC and keep the system running if the actual OC gets poached. having a collective brain-trust so to speak feels like the right move.

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

This “Megazord” approach to our offensive coaching staff is actually intriguing to me.

Hopefully, the pass game coordinator and analyst + run game coordinator and analyst + Tim Kelly can blend their minds together to mold a potent offense. 

one thing that makes this all the more interesting is that at his end of the year press conference, vrabel all but openly said he regretted hiring an OC and OL coach who didn't mesh well, and not taking that into account during his hiring process. it was a pretty surprising moment of open self-reflection. so now to have all these new faces on offense...it's very interesting, because that collaboration (it's the buzzword of the offseason, i guess! lol) will be all the more important. have to imagine that was taken into account during interviews this time around. 

• Like 1