Titans Off-Season News

KingTitan

50 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Yeah, the whole crossroads aspect of it.

i know what he said and was asking a rhetorical question because he very obviously did not mention byard being cut lol. good grief. it’s wild to directly extrapolate that from “at a crossroads,” which simply means that they’re at an impasse that could be resolved any number of ways. what we know right now is that the titans asked byard to take a pay cut and that he doesn’t want to. all the rest is speculation.

Edited by -Hope-

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i know what he said and was asking a rhetorical question because he very obviously didn’t say anything of the sort lol. good grief. what we know right now is that the titans asked byard to take a pay cut and that he doesn’t want to. all the rest is speculation.

Wnat is "at a crossroads" in this context if it's not "Titans are figuring out if they want to cut him or not"?

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Wnat is "at a crossroads" in this context if it's not "Titans are figuring out if they want to cut him or not"?

.......??? they're figuring out whether to trade, extend, keep as is, cut, and are likely still negotiating hence all these leaks by the parties involved. there are several options here, so it's bizarre to immediately jump to cut or keep based on what's actually been reported so far.

I will say, in the offseason after the AJ debacle, to turn around and have one of our best players publicly talk about having to reject a pay cut, is not necessarily the best look for the franchise. 

Mostly, I just wish I had any idea what we are trying to accomplish this offseason. What’s the goal? 

I guess my biggest question is where does Mike Vrabel fall in all of this. When the JRob got fired, I assumed that Vrabel would be defacto GM with someone else holding the ceremonial title. I'm not so sure about that notion now. I think this is Ran's team and he's trying to build HIS team. Perhaps he views valuable players from the previous regime as draft capitol more than pieces of his future roster. 

But as it relates to Vrabel, I wonder if he supports a hard line stance against one of his best defenders and leaders. He clearly disagreed with trading AJ. IF he also disapproves of this, does there come a point where he gets frustrated with the team and FO as if they're handicapping him? Could he maybe want a situation where he had more roster control? I'm just thinking out loud.

That being said... while I don;t support cutting Byard, the safety market is tanking this year and maybe that has something to do with the want for a paycut. The team probably thinks 'Hey nobody will pay you as much on the market as we will, even with a paycut, so take the paycut and security or risk getting released to a market that still has a couple younger safeties waiting to sign and signing for less money than we offered'

Cold World.

Edited by Chocolateman78