Titans Off-Season News

KingTitan

So, here’s something that’s been on my mind. I think we’re going to eventually try Farley out at Safety. I just don’t see him making an impact at corner. He was raw to begin with technique wise with lil experience. He hasn’t played a significant amount of football 1 would argue since 2019. He’s going to be so far behind with no OTA’s & he’s more than likely going to start training camp on the pup list. I think a switch to safety would be his best move to get anything out of his skillset. 
what do you guys think & what position you see him thriving at as a titan. 

11 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

So, here’s something that’s been on my mind. I think we’re going to eventually try Farley out at Safety. I just don’t see him making an impact at corner. He was raw to begin with technique wise with lil experience. He hasn’t played a significant amount of football 1 would argue since 2019. He’s going to be so far behind with no OTA’s & he’s more than likely going to start training camp on the pup list. I think a switch to safety would be his best move to get anything out of his skillset. 
what do you guys think & what position you see him thriving at as a titan. 

in total honesty, I don't think Farley will make it in the NFL at this point. In the little film we have of him actually playing...the injuries seemed to have totally crushed his athleticism. Understand the thinking of a switch to safety...but I think he's likely done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

in total honesty, I don't think Farley will make it in the NFL at this point. In the little film we have of him actually playing...the injuries seemed to have totally crushed his athleticism. Understand the thinking of a switch to safety...but I think he's likely done.

Yeah, same.  I don't see what transitioning him to safety does.  He's currently still injured, and he's built to be a boundary corner, not really a safety.  They seem to be working Molden in at safety, and he's more ready for the position anyway.

Farley is either gonna make huge strides this year as a CB or be a huge bust.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

weird that we're considering an OL who has started a lot of games in the league, rather than trying to turn water-into-wine w/ a career backup

I guess that tells us all we know about how they feel about Jamarco Jones's abilities.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, same.  I don't see what transitioning him to safety does.  He's currently still injured, and he's built to be a boundary corner, not really a safety.  They seem to be working Molden in at safety, and he's more ready for the position anyway.

Farley is either gonna make huge strides this year as a CB or be a huge bust.

He’s also built as a Safety, not just an outside CB, a change to safety means helps him being able to get on the field due to playing CB requires more discipline & technique. You put him at S, with his speed you hopefully get a S with range that can cover sideline to sideline. Which makes a hell of a lot more sense, vs just cutting him next offseason at least see what he has to offer at Safety, funny how me & Kevin Dyson think a like 🤷🏽‍♂️

https://atozsports.com/nashville/titans-ex-titan-says-caleb-farley-should-change-positions/#:~:text=Dyson shred that%2C in his opinion%2C Farley should,safety would be kind of a natural fit.

Edited by TitanRedd

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He’s also built as a Safety, not just an outside CB, a change to safety means helps him being able to get on the field due to playing CB requires more discipline & technique. You put him at S, with his speed you hopefully get a S with range that can cover sideline to sideline. Which makes a hell of a lot more sense, vs just cutting him next offseason at least see what he has to offer at Safety, funny how me & Kevin Dyson think a like 🤷🏽‍♂️

https://atozsports.com/nashville/titans-ex-titan-says-caleb-farley-should-change-positions/#:~:text=Dyson shred that%2C in his opinion%2C Farley should,safety would be kind of a natural fit.

As for molden, he’s limited meaning he’s undersized doesn’t have speed to recover he’s Logan Ryan at best a slot zone CB that you put at safety at the star position depending on matchups. Coming out his comp was a poor man’s Tyrann Matthieu