Titans Off-Season News

KingTitan

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

The injury luck has to end eventually. Why not this year? lol

Hopkins...eh. 
I'm also wanting to ride with the group we got and be underdogs. I love an underdog story. Homegrown, and ball out!  lol

If it is luck, and not a team philosophy of doing things like making DBs do sled work.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If it is luck, and not a team philosophy of doing things like making DBs do sled work.

Pretty sure that's not how injuries work. 

Sled work didn't cause Jeff to get his ankle rolled up. Didn't cause Burks to miss games with a concussion. Didn't cause Tannehill from getting rolled up on. 

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Pretty sure that's not how injuries work. 

Sled work didn't cause Jeff to get his ankle rolled up. Didn't cause Burks to miss games with a concussion. Didn't cause Tannehill from getting rolled up on. 

Yeah, I definitely said sled work was the cause of every injury.

If you want to think that the Titans doing things differently than other teams per new free agents (and those things being things like making DBs do sled work), the announced intention of "hard work" being their approach to injury prevention, and having an enormous number of practice injuries two years in a row is just pure coincidence, then go ahead.  But I thought we had kind of all accepted that the Titans are pretty clearly doing something wrong when it comes to preventing injuries.

Edited by Daniel

21:28 mark Treylon burks 
This is why I say he’s more Kenny Britt than AJ again 
we know they’re both 6’3 218-225 
No question burks better hands natural catcher But everyone try to compare AJ & burks but AJ isn’t a smooth route runner like I been saying but yes he can separate but if you notice he always wins off YAC, on slants, screens, fades back shoulders & in breaking routes. Yes he’s but he gets open that’s all that matters 😩 I’m just stating his weaknesses reason I feel why he gets shut down going against more skilled physical corners not giving him cushion He doesn’t run a entire route tree he can catch it vertical & high point the ball also, rarely do you see AJ stacking a DB.

Okay with Britt & Burks 
They’re similar because they’re big & can run routes. Britt was a route runner coming out of Rutgers a pure  west coast X WR putting up #s inconsistent hands character concerns why he drop ran a 4.47 unofficial 4,54 official 37 vert.
Burks is deceptive fast like Britt. Can run routes not explosively  quick like AJ as we know Britt & burks are not.
I personally think he can be better than AJ & I really think he’s a poor man’s Larry Fitzgerald if he can become a more sudden route runner & get better with his releases Far as getting off press coverage, learning how to stack a DB when they on his hip. & making all his route look the same at the stem

27 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Very real chance it wouldn’t work out, but I’d take anything that would dramatically reduce the odds of NWI starting outside in Week 1.

pretty much. at the point it's not a trade and it's either a one-year rental or a contract into years where we have a ton of cap space. literally nothing to lose.

• Like 1