TAST Dynasty League Discussion - 2021 season underway

pwny

2 hours ago, bakera15 said:

on fleaflicker it is saying we are only allowed 10 keepers?

Ignore that. It’s still the full 20. I had to adjust it down in the league so that I could get the draft order to properly generate.

I'm thinking about adding a taxi roster to the league, and wanted everyone's thoughts. Essentially, it would be a protected practice squad slot where the player could be kept for development reasons. It would allow a developmental player to be kept outside of the regular roster requirements, if they don't play for your team.

1. Is this something you would want?
2. If so, how many slots should we have?
3. How many years of league eligibility should be the cutoff point?
4. Should we impose any rules about moving a player from the active roster to the taxi roster (to prevent gaming usage)?

@Glen @Bigbear72 @bakera15 @UofMfan909 @klyon7634 @flyingmonkey30 @ravens_rool28 @Adrenaline_Flux @titans0021 @IDOG_det @husker_vikes3 @ET80 @Sauce Castillo @jrry32 @Dome

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

4. Should we impose any rules about moving a player from the active roster to the taxi roster (to prevent gaming usage)?

1. I would be good with it if the majority is
2. I think just 1 spot otherwise this just becomes another devy league
3. I think 2 or 3 seasons. 2 because usually players usually are expected to do something by their third year... or 3 since most players irl when drafted have a 4 year contract and usually year 4 is the beginning of a player's prime.
4. If there is a way to restrict it, I'd be fine with a max usage of 1 or 2 games a season... otherwise, it should be 0 or they lose their taxi eligibility (kind of like a redshirt)

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I'm thinking about adding a taxi roster to the league, and wanted everyone's thoughts. Essentially, it would be a protected practice squad slot where the player could be kept for development reasons. It would allow a developmental player to be kept outside of the regular roster requirements, if they don't play for your team.

@Glen @Bigbear72 @bakera15 @UofMfan909 @klyon7634 @flyingmonkey30 @ravens_rool28 @Adrenaline_Flux @titans0021 @IDOG_det @husker_vikes3 @ET80 @Sauce Castillo @jrry32 @Dome

1. Sure.
2. I'm always in favor of having the deepest rosters possible, so personally, I'd be good with as many as possible.
3. I'd say at least 3. Some WR's take that long and a lot of TE's take that long to develop.
4. The easiest way is to have them set before the season and allow no moves to and from the active roster, but that really limits the strategy involved, limits the flexibility, and limits the fun. Maybe allow like 2 changes per season? 

28 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yes.

As many as possible.

2 years. 

During the season players can be cut from either roster, or moved from the taxi roster to the active roster. You cannot move players from active roster to taxi roster except during the off-season, you CAN go from active roster to FA period to taxi roster if nobody signs them for x-days? Something like that 

Edited by Dome

33 minutes ago, pwny said:

I have something like this in my home league. It's a fun element. Would there be a restriction on who could be placed on the taxi squad? Would it solely be rookies?

1. Yes

2. 1 or 2

3. 2 or 3

4. The rule I set in my home league is if a player is activated from the taxi squad, they lose TS eligibility. 

Edited by husker_vikes3

43 minutes ago, pwny said:

1. I'm always up to try some new things. Sounds interesting as hell
2. I say 1 to start off with. If it goes well maybe you can add more over the years. 
3. Like it's been said...2-3 years works fine
4. I'd like to see some type of limit.. Def don't want it to be abused  

Edited by Sauce Castillo

50 minutes ago, Sauce Castillo said:

1. I'm always up to try some new things. Sounds interesting as hell
2. I say 1 to start off with. If it goes well maybe you can add more over the years. 
3. Like it's been said...2-3 years works fine
4. I'd like to see some type of limit.. Def don't want it to be abused  

What this guy said.