2022 Super Wildcard Weekend: (3) Vikings vs (6) Giants

NYRaider

Who wins  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Vikings
    • Giants

5 minutes ago, Apparition said:

to me, this is just a bad play call. Why no hot route in the middle of the field?

It was an option route, Hock could’ve broken it off inside but the defender gave him outside. 

EDIT; Actually, he could’ve broken it in. Hock probably saw the LBer lurking in the middle though and realized he’d be running into coverage, though.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Cousins was fine. He wasn't the reason they lost, of course. But the 4th down play, as someone else said, was just another block in the meme-ability of kirk cousins (throwing short of the sticks on 4th down) 

Aww shucks...yeah that's bad. I'm surprised you don't just throw it up to Jefferson, and have your season decided that way. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

It was an option route, Hock could’ve broken it off inside but the defender gave him outside. 

Fair enough. But why not at least get closer to the first down yardage in that case? Either Hock screwed up or O'Connell did. Given how well it was covered downfield, I can't really put that on Cousins. 

Edited by Apparition

4 minutes ago, Apparition said:

to me, this is just a bad play call. Why not run a crosser at the sticks with Jefferson or Thielen in that situation? Barring that, why no hot route in the middle of the field?

It's kind of weird that it mostly looks like a clear out for Cook lol 

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

Fair enough. But why not at least get closer to the first down yardage in that case? Either Hock screwed up or O'Connell did. Given how well it was covered downfield, I can't really put that on Cousins. 

I edited, but I think Hock probably saw the LBer inside (assigned to joker/Cook) and decided to break it out. Some contact off the line with the guy covering him too.

That’s on KOC, IMO. The four man rush won pretty quick, but you don’t throw short of the sticks unless it’s a block and release or something else that’s designed to be wide open, not a quick out. Hindsight says you keep Cook in to block and have Hock do a flag or something towards the marker. But what do I know, honestly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

With a collapsing pocket and pressure in his face virtually from the snap, like they had been all game. Wherever Cousins threw it, the play was pretty much won the moment Dexter Lawrence beat the center.

Make a play. It’s literally the final play of their season. And my correction it was 4th and 8 in which he threw a 3yd pass. 

Make no mistake about it, I understand what you are saying but still knowing this is the last play of the season one would expect Cousin to make something happen. I’ve seen many QBs in worse situations late in games somehow make a play when their team had to have it. 

14 minutes ago, stlducks said:

It seems like you’re the one not liking context here. All year people have said Vikings have been pulling it out looking awful. People said over and over they wouldn’t do it in the playoffs because they are not a legit team, it showed today. 

Game on the line, play needed and Cousins makes the wrong throw. Story of his playoff career. 

Seems like you haven’t read anything I’ve actually said here. Repeating myself is getting old, and as a Cowboys fan I just don’t care that much. People are going to hang onto the popular, irrational take. There is nothing behind the idea the Vikings were just lucky — nothing.

As far as Cousins goes, the guy was pressured immediately and he had to shoot the ball hoping his guy would get YAC… which he had been getting all game. He was literally the most hit QB in the league and stood in there time and time again with pretty strong performances. The narrative is ridiculous. He’s not a top tier QB but people act like he’s a joke and it’s stupid. He doesn’t get the praise he deserves.

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I edited, but I think Hock probably saw the LBer inside (assigned to joker/Cook) and decided to break it out. Some contact off the line with the guy covering him too.

That’s on KOC, IMO. The four man rush won pretty quick, but you don’t throw short of the sticks unless it’s a block and release or something else that’s designed to be wide open, not a quick out. Hindsight says you keep Cook in to block and have Hock do a flag or something towards the marker. But what do I know, honestly.

Side note, I also don’t love sending all three receivers flying down the field either. Almost two minutes left on the clock, all you needed was a first. Have a crosser or a comeback just past the marker so you have something other than a heave or a check down. 

Shrug. That’s hindsight, though. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Man, I've got so much to say, that it is has rendered me somewhat speechless. 

I'll just say this for now- I'm so proud of DJ and Saquon. They both played amazing games and deserve every ounce of joy they get from this win. 

We're not done yet! Bring it on Philly!

Paging Jason Sehorn