2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Man, what to do when 2 guys who used to post here who I distrust mightily have polar opposite reports...

Ben has exceptional info. Also has a lot of ties to the internal guys in Denver and is one of the better reporters in Denver. 

• Like 1

Re: Denver, I’d trust the interviews.    Once they are official then ppl know.    I don’t put much stock in any hire news until a 2nd visit is confirmed.    Payton not having a 2nd visit booked while he’s going to ARI who interviewed CAR on Monday does suggest Allbright is more likely to be right ATM.  

The longer this goes, though - the more likely they are waiting on someone.   And the less likely it’s Payton (as they won’t let other viable ppl get hired if they don’t see the fit either due to pick price or giving control that Payton wants.  

The obvious candidate they’re waiting on is Ryans.   But either way it’s pretty telling no 2nd interviews have been booked for anyone yet.   It would be a genuine surprise that ownership is sold on 1 guy already.   

Edited by Broncofan

20 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

yeah, long time ago. justis mosqueda too

billy_spikes only posted in the news sector. super fast. thats how we found out he is dov_kleiman.

Justo's force players were basically born here from another poster, I'm pretty sure. I think he just took the Waldo formula and tweaked it to create his force players. 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Did Billy Spikes not rage quit the old FF because someone posted a news story at the same time as him, and his thread got locked?

Fair play to him for making it as an “insider” with lots of followers.

I thought he got banned, but I could be wrong. Before my time as a mod 

42 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Did Billy Spikes not rage quit the old FF because someone posted a news story at the same time as him, and his thread got locked?

Fair play to him for making it as an “insider” with lots of followers.

I don’t know if that’s what did it (he left during my sabbatical) but goodness - he was SO annoying, sending me a PM asking me to lock other threads that broke the same news he was breaking. It would always start with “It doesn’t matter… but…

After a while, I just started locking his threads when we had duplicates. He’d ping me 4-5 times asking why, and I’d just ignore him…

…my goodness, what have I done with my life???

• Like 8

Just now, CP3MVP said:

Of the final nfl teams, how many of them were considered “great situations” when the HC accepted the job? 

The 49ers were a straight up dump fire fire with no defense and no QB. 

How often do teams that have "great situations" change head coaches? I think the biggest thing is going somewhere with a GM you believe in like Sirani with Howie, Kyle with Lynch, etc.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Of the final nfl 4 teams, how many of them were considered “great situations” when the HC accepted the job? 

The 49ers were a straight up dump fire fire with no defense and no QB. 

49ers also had a toxic situation with Harbaugh/Baalke upto 2014, then had two straight one and done coaches in 2015-2016. 

They had to pony up 6 year deals to both Lynch & Shanahan. But they committed to the rebuild & the previous toxicity was gone 

The situation that reminds me most of the 49ers is the Texans. Like the 49ers, the Texans have also had 2 straight one & done head coaches and a previous toxic presence (Baalke in 49ers, Easterby in Texans) let go. If Cal McNair signs checks and stays out of the way similar to what Jed York is now doing, then that team can definitely rebound quickly.  

• Like 3