When/Where Will Giancarlo Stanton be Traded?

bigbadbuff23835

52 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I kind of hope it's to Atlanta. A Stanton - Inciarte - Acuna outfield looks pretty damn good to me.

I really like that idea.

What would it take for us to get something like that done, scar?

2 hours ago, coors said:

What makes you say St Lou?

- We're looking for a true impact, MOTO bat. We're lacking that superstar.

- We can afford to take on a salary like this with our new TV deal kicking in. Even more so if the Marlins are willing to eat some of the deal.

- We have the prospects to make it happen. Marlins have been scouting our farm system heavily recently.

There were rumors that the Giants were interested in him, but I don't see any way in which that could happen. They can't afford the salary without some serious moves that seem exceedingly unlikely (particularly given that MadBum is going to get a big raise in the next couple of years) and I have no idea how they could make that work with the farm system that they have. I do think that he'll be traded, but my hope is that once the Marlins are sold, they manage to keep him around. 

People keep saying he's going to be traded, but I've yet to really see an explanation as to how. Is a new owner going to come in and kick in money on Stanton's deal? Stanton has a full no-trade clause, are you going to pay him more money so that he'll waive it? How do you factor in the opt-out in 2020? And by the way, the Marlins are going to want prospects too.

If I'm a GM and I have $300M burning a hole in my pocket, I wait until the Harper/Machado/Donaldson extravaganza instead of burning my farm system to get a guy who's not as good. If I'm the new owner of the Marlins, I don't make kicking in money on Stanton's deal to ship him off my first move.

How's this gonna work?

58 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

People keep saying he's going to be traded, but I've yet to really see an explanation as to how. Is a new owner going to come in and kick in money on Stanton's deal? Stanton has a full no-trade clause, are you going to pay him more money so that he'll waive it? How do you factor in the opt-out in 2020? And by the way, the Marlins are going to want prospects too.

If I'm a GM and I have $300M burning a hole in my pocket, I wait until the Harper/Machado/Donaldson extravaganza instead of burning my farm system to get a guy who's not as good. If I'm the new owner of the Marlins, I don't make kicking in money on Stanton's deal to ship him off my first move.

How's this gonna work?

I am 100% with you on this in terms of the Yankees. I saw some reports that he Yankees were interested when he plays the last position we need help with. I'd rather save the money and prospects for one of the three guys you mentioned.

Although Stanton and Judge on the same team would be really really fun and extremely marketable.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I am 100% with you on this in terms of the Yankees. I saw some reports that he Yankees were interested when he plays the last position we need help with. I'd rather save the money and prospects for one of the three guys you mentioned.

Although Stanton and Judge on the same team would be really really fun and extremely marketable.

I don't see how it makes sense at all for the 3 most resource rich teams in baseball right now (Dodgers, Cubs, Yankees). Every article I see that says he's getting traded basically says "The Marlins will get around to trading him and teams have inquired", with no discussion of the actual logistics.

I don't get it.

Archived