Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

They are a reserve, so they only kick in if another team bids of that player. 

I'm gonna need to write a book with pictures on how the reserve bids work...haha.

It seems to be the hardest thing for the new guys to figure out.  I'll admit I failed to put info on this in the guidelines this year.

14 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Anyone have a #1 receiver for trade let me know.  Willing to package a trade.

Calvin Ridley for a 4th and 2024 first conditional on his reinstatement? (Jaguars did 5th and 2024 2nd conditional on his reinstatement; so my offer is beat the one the Jags gave up by a round both years lol)

6 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Just a quick question: how do the reserve signings work?  I see some people got their reserve players but I didn't get either of mine.  

EDIT:  Not complaining, btw, just curious how it works in case I need to do something else.

@MaximusGluteus

Think of reserve bids like this.

GB extends a contract offer to one of their FA.  Player wants to test the market to try to get a better offer.

As long  as your reserve bid meets the criteria for a valid offer, this is what can happen...

1.  If no team bids on the player, nothing happens.

2.  another team makes a valid criteria meeting offer then your reserve bid gets compared vs the other bids on that player.  If your reserve bid is higher,  you retain the player. If it's not higher, you lose the player..

If option 1 happens, You can change your reserve bid to reflect the drop in APY for each UFA round

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Didn't the Colts trade up to 1?

In this, yes. But we have to worry about any number of teams jumping ahead of us. The Texans know for sure they're getting their 2nd best option. If they really like 2, sit still. And I think there's 3 to like. But if they really view one as franchise altering and the other 1-2 as okay starters, then fine. Pay extra capital to move up. 

Just saying I believe any team that trusts their coaching staff thinks they can make quality starters out of at least two of the options out there this year. And probably none are the next Mahomes anyways.

Edited by RTTRUTH

53 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Calvin Ridley for a 4th and 2024 first conditional on his reinstatement? (Jaguars did 5th and 2024 2nd conditional on his reinstatement; so my offer is beat the one the Jags gave up by a round both years lol)

Thats something I'd consider after everything else fails.  I didn't even know the kid was not playing, but been out of the loop for pretty much this whole season.

• Like 1