Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I don't even think it's top five position need for Pittsburgh. 

NT, DE, WR, CB, ILB are all signifcantly larger needs, even after he acquired Sutton imo

Not drafting for need but I left no real major needs going into the draft - besides maybe tackle depending how you feel about Dan Moore (I'm giving him another year)

NT / DE - Kept Larry O , some youth should possibly be added throughout 

WR - brought in Courtland Sutton (running more 2 TE sets then 3 WR) - should add someone to the room though - also still have Calvin Austin basically an extra draft pick this year 

CB - brought in Sean Murphy-Bunting and kept cam Sutton but yeah I should be adding a young talent here eventually 

ILB - brought in drew tranquil & Kazir White, as well as kept Spillane 

OG - brought in Risner to hold down the LG spot 

EDGE - brought in Baron Browning to man the 3rd edge , still has 2 years left on rookie contract

Still have a 2nd and 3 3rds

Edited by Cbrunn
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

I didn't expect to wake up this morning with Murphy, Breese and Bjian still available. Crazy...

A RB and two highly recruited HS-players who haven't really been super impressive in college. Like i can see all them going before this but i don't think there has been many players picked where i think its a absolute headscratcher that they are picked before these three.

• Like 1

Quentin Johnson is a great pick, would have been an option for the Saints without our trade up.

I really like Breese for the Chargers. We need to get younger at IDL and IMO we got the BPA at one of our positions of need here. Thought about trading up for him at multiple spots and now got him and still own my two 2nd rounders.

6 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Kept thinking about trading up for Bijan. Couldn’t convince myself trading up for a running back was a good idea

I was going to post CLE's 2024 1st + one of Texans' 3rds to try to get back into 1st for Bijan / weapon.  Would have played the Deebo role in our offense.  But we have Mims for that and would totally be luxury pick. Still, I am :(