Arizona Cardinals hire Monti Ossenfort as their new GM

.Buzz

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

you never really know how much responsibility he bears for those picks working under jon robinson though. that's the thing about judging GM hires- it's almost impossible to do as a fan (at least for those who haven't previously been GMs). i'm not unhappy that he's been hired away because i want an external candidate for tennessee, but that's basically as much as i can say.

Edited by -Hope-

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He's certainly more competent than Kliff. And I'll hate facing his defense. How will Kyler take that?

He would either embrace the accountability or remain the same entitled teenager.  This hire should be about Cards and not Kyler though.  Their problems are bigger than the QB.

9 hours ago, -Hope- said:

you never really know how much responsibility he bears for those picks working under jon robinson though. that's the thing about judging GM hires- it's almost impossible to do as a fan (at least for those who haven't previously been GMs). i'm not unhappy that he's been hired away because i want an external candidate for tennessee, but that's basically as much as i can say.

I think a lot of the time you can apply this to Coach hires too. 

Fans have no choice but to take the lazy option of saying, "well look at the poor production of the Wide Receivers, so that WR Coach is going to make a terrible Offensive Coordinator".

What if the WRs were just terrible? What if the WR Coach is contributing heavily to a smart Offensive gameplan each week? What if the QB is just really bad?

These are all things we don't know, especially for younger Coaches.

You can apply the same logic for front office staff too, as you have said.