Divisional Round GDT: Cowboys @ 49ers - Keep it Rolling

D82

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Just to provide a bit of context on Denver and New Orleans portion of this tweet:

Denver - This was Jimmy's first start after no training camp and we also didn't have Kittle. With that said, Denver's defense was completely suffocating that night and I give full credit to them choking the life out of our offense. That was the best defense we faced all year. 

New Orleans - This game was right after the Monday Night Mexico game and the team didn't have an actual practice all week. They were walking zombies coming into this game and played like it on offense. 

Also, The Commanders played us real tight and that was a legit defense. And Miami's defense was literally throwing everything and everyone at Purdy all game and he hung in there and completed some big boy pants throws. It was cover 0 fire blitzes on the reg with Miami and they were getting through the line with free rushers often. If Jimmy was back there, they would've had a hand full of sacks and at least one pick off of a desperation throw. 

Cowboys will absolutely be the best team the Niners have played all year and Purdy's biggest challenge to date. It's going to be a fun one. 

Hmmm. Well SF played KC so….   With Purdy as QB the only teams over 500 they played is Seattle.  I believe he didn’t play against Chargers KC or Miami the other opponents.  I say this cause it is real hard to get any comparisons between the two teams and opponents.  We both played Wash TB and Chic.   SF lost game 1 to Chic badly. We lost game 1 to TB badly.  Sf killed TB who were missing players later in year. We killed TB healthy in playoffs.  We killed Washington early in year and lost late I. A lackadaisical effort. SF handled Wash opening up a big lead late.  Reason I am saying this also is the only real “tough” team SF played with Purdy is Miami. And they did win that game.  Sorry don’t consider Seattle ‘tough’. 

Thus we get zero read.  We know they are a  elite team with elite play makers on both sides of the ball but I. A lot of ways like us there is no scale as we beat Philly with out their QB and Cincy with out their best player either.  Also all the teams losses are excused in a way.  Game 1.  Us with out Dak.  They have their reasons for loosing to Denver and NO just as we also have our reason loosing OT to GB and Jags.  The Jacksonville OT  loss looks better all the time as they are one of the last 8 standing.  So take nothing from the past in this including last years game.   

Personally again I think we are the better over all team but my main worry is they have the “better” head coach in getting a team to play to their peak and take advantage of mismatches

5 hours ago, quiller said:

Hmmm. Well SF played KC so….   With Purdy as QB the only teams over 500 they played is Seattle.  I believe he didn’t play against Chargers KC or Miami the other opponents.  I say this cause it is real hard to get any comparisons between the two teams and opponents.  We both played Wash TB and Chic.   SF lost game 1 to Chic badly. We lost game 1 to TB badly.  Sf killed TB who were missing players later in year. We killed TB healthy in playoffs.  We killed Washington early in year and lost late I. A lackadaisical effort. SF handled Wash opening up a big lead late.  Reason I am saying this also is the only real “tough” team SF played with Purdy is Miami. And they did win that game.  Sorry don’t consider Seattle ‘tough’. 

Thus we get zero read.  We know they are a  elite team with elite play makers on both sides of the ball but I. A lot of ways like us there is no scale as we beat Philly with out their QB and Cincy with out their best player either.  Also all the teams losses are excused in a way.  Game 1.  Us with out Dak.  They have their reasons for loosing to Denver and NO just as we also have our reason loosing OT to GB and Jags.  The Jacksonville OT  loss looks better all the time as they are one of the last 8 standing.  So take nothing from the past in this including last years game.   

Personally again I think we are the better over all team but my main worry is they have the “better” head coach in getting a team to play to their peak and take advantage of mismatches

Purdy played against Miami, who was 8-3 and at that time one of the best teams in the AFC. Jimmy got hurt early in that game and in came Purdy. 

15 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

What??? I don't recall anyone saying we "need a 50M QB" or a team needs one to win a SB. We all agree no one wants to pay ANY QB or player 50M. That 50M a year is not Dak's fault. It's the FO. You know that.

Your argument simply comes down to Dak's quality of play and is it justified. This is Romo 2.0 all over again.

As far as "team friend deals". If I recall Brady is the only player of recent memory that took that approach to any significant degree. Sure, a few here and there that took less money to go play for a better team. But not the amount Brady passed on. Besides, he could afford to do that because his wife makes just as much he does/did.

Hate Dak for his quality of play, or lack thereof. Don't hate him for the money he makes. Because frankly there are dozens of players making way more than they should.

Let me be more clear… the overwhelming majority of the forum was elated that we signed Dak to a contract that was better for him than the contracts Mahomes and Allen received.  Dak is getting paid better than the two best QBs in the nfl and all contracts were made within months of each other.  Dak signed a short term deal.  Allen signed a 6 year deal and Mahomes signed a 10 year deal.  Both Mahomes and Allen signed team friendly deals.  But Dak insisted on short term deal so he can renegotiate after the new nfl TV deal.  Great for Dak… horrible for the cowboys.  But the rational for those who were happy to cowboys signed Dak to a horrible contact was that we can’t win without a great QB.  I said BS.  Purdy abd the 9ers are proof that a great supporting cast are more important than a great QB.

Regardless… if Dak is going to get paid like the best, that’s the standard all of us should hold him to.  

27 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Let me be more clear… the overwhelming majority of the forum was elated that we signed Dak to a contract that was better for him than the contracts Mahomes and Allen received.  Dak is getting paid better than the two best QBs in the nfl and all contracts were made within months of each other.  Dak signed a short term deal.  Allen signed a 6 year deal and Mahomes signed a 10 year deal.  Both Mahomes and Allen signed team friendly deals.  But Dak insisted on short term deal so he can renegotiate after the new nfl TV deal.  Great for Dak… horrible for the cowboys.  But the rational for those who were happy to cowboys signed Dak to a horrible contact was that we can’t win without a great QB.  I said BS.  Purdy abd the 9ers are proof that a great supporting cast are more important than a great QB.

Regardless… if Dak is going to get paid like the best, that’s the standard all of us should hold him to.  

I, too, was pissed when I found out Patrick Mahomes wanted to sign with the Cowboys but Dallas chose Dak instead.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Jimmy G and CB Ambry Thomas OUT for 9ers. That’s it for their injury report.

Hey look man, everyone, there ain't no point in worrying about who's in or out. It is what it is at this point. Just play the frickin game. We earned the right to be here, the odds are as even as they are gonna get right now.

Just play the frickin game.

We know this team can hang with anyone when they are on. And they are going to need to be on.

So, get your popcorn and beverage of choice, get comfortable, go Giants, and let's give em a shalackin!

Edited by Rtnldave

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Tyler has gone above and beyond expectations. Pretty sure 75% of the 10-12 regulars we have left didn’t like this pick. iirc @DaBoys was the first on his bandwagon. Either way, future is bright. 

@DaBoys probably even deserves more credit than “first on the bandwagon” for this one. He nailed it from the beginning, long before people were even talking about him as a viable option for first round.

He hasn’t been perfect, but still, what a rookie season. Looks like a long-term stud. I genuinely expect he’ll join our parade of 1st round All-Pros before too long. Had he transferred from Tulsa to the SEC for a year, as was a rumored possibility, I suspect he’d be an easy top-10 pick this draft.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

@DaBoys probably even deserves more credit than “first on the bandwagon” for this one. He nailed it from the beginning, long before people were even talking about him as a viable option for first round.

He hasn’t been perfect, but still, what a rookie season. Looks like a long-term stud. I genuinely expect he’ll join our parade of 1st round All-Pros before too long. Had he transferred from Tulsa to the SEC for a year, as was a rumored possibility, I suspect he’d be an easy top-10 pick this draft.

I was staunchly against Tyler. Glad I was wrong on that one. 

57 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I really wanted him at OG. This back and forth thing probably hasn’t been the best for his development. 

On 1/20/2023 at 3:04 AM, The_Slamman said:

You're not really being more clear. I've either been giving you to much credit for being smart or now you're just out to troll Dak supporters.

Criticize his play, but you continue to say Dak supporters cheered him signing a big contract. No....just no. They were simply happy that he was resigned. Not resigned AND at the dollar at which he was resigned.

No one here can say I, like many others, are Dak supporters or haters because of the contract. We simply support him because he is the QB of our favorite team. We can't change it one way or the other. His play is not so bad that it's this never-ending negativity,

Of course he needs to be criticized for some of his play. And yet again I am here bringing up the Jags OT loss. Stone hands...body catching Brown caused that pick six. And why no criticism at this level for D in that game. 21 straight points in the 2nd half. Where the hell as D-Law been lately? So what, is it because those 2 players don't make the money Dak does. 

I'm neither a homer nor a hater. But I am a supporter of the Cowboys. I'm not inferring that @D82 was calling out anyone specific. But he is right, even though this is a discussion board it's tiresome and gets old. Romo 2.0.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I really wanted him at OG. This back and forth thing probably hasn’t been the best for his development. 

I mean maybe...but he went from playing OG to OT in the same game and did so flawlessly.