TMNT Mafia - Footclan and Friends wins

Slappy Mc

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

why didnt you want to play ball? I was trying to get lynched to save both you and a scum partner so we could win together and it seemed you initially got that orignially.

then you switched back onto dome for some reason and outted my cover role was fake (which was another issue with the game alltogether, but one i already had a convo with slappy about)... we could've won if i got lynched and you kept helping us kill town! we weren't planning to rb you or even get you lynched until it became apparent you were trying to push against our interests lol

wish you were more upfront about the nature of your 1x deathproof too. the thing that made us nervous the most is that your role PM said nothing about it (which the whole reason I targeted u with my Role PM move was to see if our goals were potentially aligned). I would've probably believed you if you just said you got it from killing Forge... but I was really thinking you were converted or something due to that (altho i figured even if you were, it would probably be April doing it so our goals would still be aligned).

Cause I thought my best chance one getting one more night to kill someone and hit my wincon was getting Dome lynched.

And once I survived the lynch, I was just having fun with it.

I'm in Puerto Rico right now and my fiancee's grandma had been fading fast and just passed, so a lot of how I played this was based on the time I had in my RL circumstances.

Any other time, when I did have more bandwidth, I would have probably played it a little different.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Cause I thought my best chance one getting one more night to kill someone and hit my wincon was getting Dome lynched.

And once I survived the lynch, I was just having fun with it.

I'm in Puerto Rico right now and my fiancee's grandma had been fading fast and just passed, so a lot of how I played this was based on the time I had in my RL circumstances.

Any other time, when I did have more bandwidth, I would have probably played it a little different.

Sorry for you/your fiance's loss and I hope it's a cathartic time with family and friends!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dome said:

Couple things:

1) I read like 6 posts this game, a personal best for me 

2) I didn’t know deadpulse was a scum partner with me when I left my vote on him and almost got him lynched

3) slappy handled bcbs move the same way I would have and I believe nacho said he would have too. It’s a bummer when there is miscommunication but IMO the move was handled correctly 

thanks again for hosting @Slappy Mc

By this same token -

I didn't know the ninja turtles were the bad guys until n2 when Mwil died. 

• Like 1

For the record, I made it abundantly clear via PM that I wanted to invest dome a second time before given any results  that night but still, despite instructions and clarification, was given different results 

Edited by bcb1213

5 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

For the record, I made it abundantly clear via PM that I wanted to invest dome a second time before given any results  that night but still, despite instructions and clarification, was given different results 

On 1/23/2023 at 6:22 PM, bcb1213 said:

Next night for now cause u won't be around at deadline 

Target 1. Rags 

If lynched. Dome 

On 1/24/2023 at 5:26 PM, Slappy Mc said:

move tonight?

Nevermind, just reread and saw it was Ragnarok.

On 1/24/2023 at 5:38 PM, bcb1213 said:

Please note it says if rags is lynched. Dome 

On 1/24/2023 at 5:40 PM, Slappy Mc said:

The lynch failed

On 1/24/2023 at 5:41 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Ragnarok is Casey Jones, Indy Aligned

On 1/24/2023 at 5:45 PM, bcb1213 said:

Doesn't say if rags died, just if he was the lynch.  Gimme dome 

On 1/24/2023 at 5:46 PM, Slappy Mc said:

There was no lynch. I can put you down for Dome tomorrow if you want.

On 1/24/2023 at 5:47 PM, bcb1213 said:

Lynch means if he was the vote. Which he was 

On 1/24/2023 at 5:58 PM, Slappy Mc said:

you can vote to lynch someone, but there was no lynch today.

I'm sorry I do see what you are saying, but the contingent move was based off Rags being lynched and no one was lynched. I like being able to allow people to place contingent moves in case they can't make it for night. I feel like you are abusing the courtesy threatening to modkill yourself.

On 1/24/2023 at 5:59 PM, bcb1213 said:

Okie dokie. Mod kill it is 

On 1/24/2023 at 6:00 PM, Slappy Mc said:

You do you man.

5 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Honestly your original move could be interpreted either way. He was the majority vote, but the lynch failed (you wouldnt claim you killed a player if a night kill failed after all), so I'd have probably interpreted your instructions the same exact way as Slappy if i was hosting, fwiw... even if you feel otherwise (defining someone as being lynched if they're the majority vote regardless of if it succeeded), I hope you could see how it was unclear.

You clarified after the deadline looks like.. while I've not been extremely rigid with this in my games (I've accepted moves a minute or two late before), once I start processing night, that's it - everything is locked in. And your clarification came 8 minutes late. You have no idea what interactions might have been in play as a player, he may have already sent results to some parties already that would've been needed to be edited, and even if not, you can't use different rules based on the situation - it was late. Given he sent your result 3 minutes later , it's a strong bet he had already finished processing the night when your clarification was sent in.

And like I said earlier, even if the host actually made a legitimate mistake, you can't expect the host to just send you additional information than you received. It sucks, but mistakes happen and giving you twice the information damages the game state far more than giving you information on the wrong target. Corrections are one thing, but he didn't send you incorrect information, you were asking him for additional information at that point.

Hosting takes a ton of energy, and a ton of invested time beforehand to create the game. I haven't had an issue with you before but it's not a good look, frankly. Slappy didn't deserve you ruining his game by intentionally breaking the rules. If you really didn't want to play anymore you should've just told him that and told him to find a replacement... I don't know if you were going through other stuff in your life or something, and if that's the case, I sympathize, but I sincerely hope you don't do something like that again. It was almost certainly just a case of miscommunication, and at worst a mere mistake....

• Like 2

Honestly your original move could be interpreted either way. He was the majority vote, but the lynch failed (you wouldnt claim you killed a player if a night kill failed after all), so I'd have probably interpreted your instructions the same exact way as Slappy if i was hosting, fwiw... even if you feel otherwise (defining someone as being lynched if they're the majority vote regardless of if it succeeded), I hope you could see how it was unclear.

You clarified after the deadline looks like.. while I've not been extremely rigid with this in my games (I've accepted moves a minute or two late before), once I start processing night, that's it - everything is locked in. And your clarification came 8 minutes late. You have no idea what interactions might have been in play as a player, he may have already sent results to some parties already that would've been needed to be edited, and even if not, you can't use different rules based on the situation - it was late. Given he sent your result 3 minutes later , it's a strong bet he had already finished processing the night when your clarification was sent in.

And like I said earlier, even if the host actually made a legitimate mistake, you can't expect the host to just send you additional information than you received. It sucks, but mistakes happen and giving you twice the information damages the game state far more than giving you information on the wrong target. Corrections are one thing, but he didn't send you incorrect information, you were asking him for additional information at that point.

Hosting takes a ton of energy, and a ton of invested time beforehand to create the game. I haven't had an issue with you before but it's not a good look, frankly. Slappy didn't deserve you ruining his game by intentionally breaking the rules. If you really didn't want to play anymore you should've just told him that and told him to find a replacement... I don't know if you were going through other stuff in your life or something, and if that's the case, I sympathize, but I sincerely hope you don't do something like that again. It was almost certainly just a case of miscommunication, and at worst a mere mistake....

Had I gotten the other Intel first. I would have been fine with it as miscommunication but to make it clearer to make sure there was no miscommunication and be ignored is another story which is a shame cause scum was never gonna hit me after all the crazy pgo whatever stuff. Was getting off free invests 

Edited by bcb1213

I'm with Slappy. I would have taken it the same way. Either way modkilling yourself is too extreme

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Had I gotten the other Intel first. I would have been fine with it as miscommunication but to make it clearer to make sure there was no miscommunication and be ignored is another story which is a shame cause scum was never gonna hit me after all the crazy pgo whatever stuff. Was getting off free invests 

You didn't make it clearer until after the deadline , probably when he was already done processing night! Unless Slappy modified the time stamps?

53 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

You didn't make it clearer until after the deadline , probably when he was already done processing night! Unless Slappy modified the time stamps?

Time stamp was legit I'm sure.  If a directive says do something if players the lynch and he's the lynch, idk what else to say