Donatell fired, who might be our next DC? (Evero to CAR, p.35)

vike daddy

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Worst case scenario is that Flores and Evero get the Cardinals and Colts head coaching jobs, respectively. 

But I would see that as a long shot. 

Agree with this. Honestly whoever we end up with out of these two, I can’t be mad. “A” grade for a hire for who was realistically out there for us. 

Personally, I think Evero might be the better hire just because of the time spent with KOC, and maybe understanding each other a little more, but he still is slightly raw as a DC. 

• Like 1

Who knows what is going on behind the scenes, but trying to read between the lines it sounds like Evero will ultimately be the guy in Minnesota. 

From the start it felt like the Vikings were waiting on someone to become available. This week we’ve learned that it is Evero. 

And now, all indications are that Denver will look elsewhere for the DC. If Evero had that sense from the beginning, it would certainly explain why the Vikings have been patient. 

That would leave the head coaching spots in Arizona and Indianapolis as the only obstacle, and Evero has been interviewed by both teams. However, Evero has been available since day one of the hiring period. If he had impressed enough to get one of those jobs, you’d have expected it to be done by now. Instead, both Arizona and Indianapolis have continued to add to their candidate list. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Who knows what is going on behind the scenes, but trying to read between the lines it sounds like Evero will ultimately be the guy in Minnesota. 

From the start it felt like the Vikings were waiting on someone to become available. This week we’ve learned that it is Evero. 

And now, all indications are that Denver will look elsewhere for the DC. If Evero had that sense from the beginning, it would certainly explain why the Vikings have been patient. 

That would leave the head coaching spots in Arizona and Indianapolis as the only obstacle, and Evero has been interviewed by both teams. However, Evero has been available since day one of the hiring period. If he had impressed enough to get one of those jobs, you’d have expected it to be done by now. Instead, both Arizona and Indianapolis have continued to add to their candidate list. 

Vikings still haven’t requested an interview with evero yet. I’m waiting on that and an indication the broncos will allow it. 

maybe that comes later today. 

2 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Vikings still haven’t requested an interview with evero yet. I’m waiting on that and an indication the broncos will allow it. 

maybe that comes later today. 

And yep, there it is. Now we wait to see if Payton screws us again 

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

solid analysis. we'll see if that's how it plays....

4 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Desai is no longer a back up plan. WOW, things are getting...weird.

Minny is not really “really interested” in any of the candidates they interviewed thus far, maybe Flores but that’s it. 

they holding out for someone they didn’t interview yet, maybe Evero, maybe someone on KC/PHI

Edited by CriminalMind

6 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Minny is not really “really interested” in any of the candidates they interviewed thus far, maybe Flores but that’s it. 

Interesting but there goes a big piece for sure.  I assume Fangio suggested Denver because of ownership and or GM reasons.  

Evero and Flores if both of them are out potentially in the next few days then Minnesota could be really screwed and get sloppy seconds similar to the DL coach this past year and their DB coach.  

In terms of KC and Phi not sure who that would be, why leave being the DC at Phili to come to Minnesota?  Same with KC really.  

5 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

The reporting is fangio suggested desai to Denver/Payton, not that he suggest denver to desai. 

So then Fangio is at Miami?  I thought he might want to go back to Denver to join Payton himself I guess that has changed.  Either way Vikings are maybe going to lose out on all the good ones available. 

Ravens interviewing Todd Monken, he is by far the best guy available of the guys they have interviewed, he would be an outstanding hire.  Guess he is possible for the Bucs OC job as well and Leftwich is left without a job when a year ago he was a potential HC to many.  Tommy Rees going to Bama to be the OC, not as much, good guy but not sure he is Bama quality.  

If Evero interviews well which it seems that he absolutely does, he will probably be the Cardinals or the Colts Head coach.  

43 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Interesting but there goes a big piece for sure.  I assume Fangio suggested Denver because of ownership and or GM reasons.  

Evero and Flores if both of them are out potentially in the next few days then Minnesota could be really screwed and get sloppy seconds similar to the DL coach this past year and their DB coach.  

In terms of KC and Phi not sure who that would be, why leave being the DC at Phili to come to Minnesota?  Same with KC really.  

They could bring in positional coaches on KC/PHI for the Minny DC job.