Donatell fired, who might be our next DC? (Evero to CAR, p.35)

vike daddy

30 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Ozzy, your scenario is not happening. Let’s move on, you’ve stated this like 20x already. 

Lou Anarumo possibly could be the Cardinals HC, but if not Evero should be the top candidate for the Colts and Flores the top for the Cardinals as a potential head coach.  

I recall last year I brought up Flores and Desai and no one liked them at all, now all of a sudden individuals around here like them?  Surprise, surprise.  Desai is out and would not be shocked if Evero and Flores are as well, then again this is the NFL and black head coaches are rarely hired so in that regard, yes it will never happen.  

Ben Solak of the Ringer reported Friday that Irsay is "leaning toward" hiring Saturday and that is the "expected outcome." 

Solak also wrote that the Colts' extensive coaching search has been, in part, a way for Irsay to say he did his due diligence prior to hiring Saturday, if that's indeed his final decision. Irsay faced quite a bit of criticism for naming Saturday, who played 13 seasons as the Colts center but had never previously coached in the NFL or college football, as the team's interim coach.

Solak did note that Irsay could still change his mind. One candidate who seems like he has a shot to do just that is Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Shane Steichen. Steichen is interviewing with the Colts on Saturday, per ESPN's Adam Schefter.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/jim-irsay-colts-reportedly-leaning-toward-hiring-1-candidate-for-head-coach?fbclid=IwAR3asroPMQon0_7viepqAKbaSB2gSxm0RnIihJd7ul74yVx6d3upxXTK8iQ

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

Ben Solak of the Ringer reported Friday that Irsay is "leaning toward" hiring Saturday and that is the "expected outcome." 

Solak also wrote that the Colts' extensive coaching search has been, in part, a way for Irsay to say he did his due diligence prior to hiring Saturday, if that's indeed his final decision. Irsay faced quite a bit of criticism for naming Saturday, who played 13 seasons as the Colts center but had never previously coached in the NFL or college football, as the team's interim coach.

Solak did note that Irsay could still change his mind. One candidate who seems like he has a shot to do just that is Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Shane Steichen. Steichen is interviewing with the Colts on Saturday, per ESPN's Adam Schefter.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/jim-irsay-colts-reportedly-leaning-toward-hiring-1-candidate-for-head-coach?fbclid=IwAR3asroPMQon0_7viepqAKbaSB2gSxm0RnIihJd7ul74yVx6d3upxXTK8iQ

It’s going to be hard for Irsay to claim due diligence when there are multiple reports of him not even attending some of the interviews. 

Brian Callahan should be the choice in Indianapolis. 

• Like 1

On Evero’s watch in 2022, Denver ranked ninth in the NFL per defensive EPA/Play in 2022 and 10th via DVOA. If the name sounds familiar for NFC purposes, Evero was the Green Bay Packers defensive quality control coach in 2016.

If Klis is correct, the Vikings pursuit of a defensive coordinator should be nearing the finish line.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/top_news/1-man-for-vikings?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Flores is actually younger than Evero, by about 6 weeks. 

And, I think you’d need to have a successor in place for Flores just as much as you’d need one for Evero. And it may be even more difficult to have that plan in place if you hire Flores compared to Evero. 

Really. I’m clearly confused.

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I admire the Vikings patience in trying to get the guy they want.  Hopefully it works out 

Should be the approach. Doesn’t seem other teams are in a hurry either. Which is good. I’ve always preferred for all the coach movement to just happen after the Super Bowl anyway, unless you’re a free agent coach.

Maybe allow virtual conversations just to get the ball rolling and gets feelers, but in person interviews while prepping for playoffs, never been a fan.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

If the Vikings do wind up hiring Evero, can we expect any other changes to the defensive coach staff? If they hire Flores, I would think that changes are almost certain. But Evero comes from the Fangio tree, like Donatell. So, much of the frame work may already be in place.