Donatell fired, who might be our next DC? (Evero to CAR, p.35)

vike daddy

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If the Vikings do wind up hiring Evero, can we expect any other changes to the defensive coach staff? If they hire Flores, I would think that changes are almost certain. But Evero comes from the Fangio tree, like Donatell. So, much of the frame work may already be in place. 

I expect them to bring in Jonathan Cooley as they were blocked last year to interview him, and he’s now available. 

• Like 1

Just now, battle2heaven said:

I expect them to bring in Jonathan Cooley as they were blocked last year to interview him, and he’s now available. 

I’m not so sure. They were blocked, or turned down for a couple of DB coaches last year who are now available or could be available. But they seem to like Jones, as well. 

Im looking at Manusky potentially being replaced. Maybe Rumph, as well. Although Rumph did a strong job with the talent he was given. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

I’m not so sure. They were blocked, or turned down for a couple of DB coaches last year who are now available or could be available. But they seem to like Jones, as well. 

Im looking at Manusky potentially being replaced. Maybe Rumph, as well. Although Rumph did a strong job with the talent he was given. 

They like jones. Also pleasant is available. They might bring in one to make defensive passing game coordinator. Cooley just has history with both evero and Kevin so that makes sense to me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

what does this even mean? is it speculating on what the facts are, or factually speculating?

i mean, it sounds akin to the concept of alternate facts, used to support a position.

Facts are ancient history anymore. Now it's all about who can scream the loudest!

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

You can say that they should be all you want and until you are blue in the face. But none of the reporting suggests that they will be. 

Well if the Colts owner wants to be an idiot and hire Jeff Saturday go right ahead, does not mean in any way he is the best guy for the job.  Sorry I do not just read what others say then say that as my own opinion like many do.  

If the only point of posting is to just post the latest link one saw on twitter, that is pretty pathetic.  

Just now, VikeManDan said:

Turned down to be their HC but chooses to be their DC? Got it. 

I imagine the money is really good. But this is deflating for the Vikings. Especially with Flores now getting 2nd interview with cardidnals on weds, meeting with Denver on Tuesday. 

I am depressed. 

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

Pivoting to Mike Pettine in the event we lose out on Flores would be an EXTREME failure by KAM and KO.

Better be reaching out to a few more candidates.

It sure why it would be an extreme failure. It’s not ideal but Pettine isn’t a bad defensive coordinator. He’s probably just an average one. 

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Pivoting to Mike Pettine in the event we lose out on Flores would be an EXTREME failure by KAM and KO.

Better be reaching out to a few more candidates.

It's not exciting but I'm way more comfortable with Pettine than I ever was with Donatell. I think Pettine does offer some longer term stability, both Flores and Evero will be getting HC interviews next year and Pettine definitely won't. 

/cope

5 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Carolina has way more talent on defense to work with compared to our 11 question marks. Can't say I blame him for choosing to go there. 

I was hoping evero’s relationship with Kevin and kwesi would win out. Also heard Carolina backed up the brinks truck to Evero as well. 

• Like 1