Conference Championship Round: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, 49ersfan said:

And if its 50/50?

My point is we're applying hindsight to a decision we have 15 seconds to make with no conclusive replay

In those 15 seconds with no replay to reverse what i saw, i either don't challenge, or challenge and hope for the best 

Nobody is applying hindsight because everyone who is saying that they should have challenge is ostensibly saying that the risk of losing the timeout and challenge is worth overturning that play. 

3 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

So a coach can call a time out, get the attention of the ref, then call a challenge and use only one timeout?

You call the timeout to have time to look at the camera shots that you didnt have time to review when the offense was in hurry up mode.

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Pointless to call a timeout and potentially lose 2 if the challenge fails...you just challenge it straight up then 

No, you have time to look. If they saw that replay they would have seen they would win the challenge and then you challenge. Otherwise you don’t. 

2 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

So a coach can call a time out, get the attention of the ref, then call a challenge and use only one timeout?

You lose two if you lose the challenge but you have more time to decide to challenge so if you challenge its on one you are pretty sure about.

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

And if its 50/50?

My point is we're applying hindsight to a decision we have 15 seconds to make with no conclusive replay

In those 15 seconds with no replay to reverse what i saw, i either don't challenge, or challenge and hope for the best 

Then you don't challenge it and you lost a in most games not that big a deal time-out. Like for me that 100% is a challenge flag you throw but just letting them snap the ball is the worst of all three thing you can do.

Just now, Justone2 said:

You lose two if you lose the challenge but you have more time to decide to challenge so if you challenge its on one you are pretty sure about.

Then you don't challenge it and you lost a in most games not that big a deal time-out. Like for me that 100% is a challenge flag you throw but just letting them snap the ball is the worst of all three thing you can do.

I don't believe you lose two TOs? Only that one? 

Good punt Wish, hope Bosa is back in the game and the defense can get a quick stop. 

Just so disgusting what is happening to the offense.