2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm sure they do but they're different types of assets. One is a 39 year old QB coming off of a down year that might only be a 1 year rental. The other is a 25 year old All-Pro level pass rusher with like half the cap number. Crosby is literally the Raiders franchise player and the only defensive cornerstone that we have, trading him in a win now move to acquire someone like Rodgers would be working backwards. 

I totally get that, but he's also a QB.  Reuniting with Adams has to be enticing to everyone, and maybe he stays for 3-4 years if it works out is all I was thinking.  

4 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I totally get that, but he's also a QB.  Reuniting with Adams has to be enticing to everyone, and maybe he stays for 3-4 years if it works out is all I was thinking.  

I'm sure they value him highly but Maxx is about as close to untouchable as you can get for us, IMO. 

I'd probably be willing to offer Darren Waller, #38, and a conditional 2024 2nd round pick that could become a first depending on Rodgers PT/performance. 

Edited by NYRaider

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm sure they value him highly but Maxx is about as close to untouchable as you can get for us, IMO. 

I'd probably be willing to offer Darren Waller, #38, and a conditional 2024 2nd round pick that could become a first depending on Rodgers PT/performance. 

That makes sense too.  I was thinking players for players might make a trade more feasible than picks, as long as the Pack weren't rebuilding.

2 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

That makes sense too.  I was thinking players for players might make a trade more feasible than picks, as long as the Pack weren't rebuilding.

IIRC they're currently in cap hell and if they move on from Rodgers I'd assume they'll go with a youth movement.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I don’t think Waller has as much value as I think you think he does.

• Like 3

Just now, CWood21 said:

I don’t think Waller has as much value as I think you think he does.

I don't think Waller has some tremendous amount of value after his last two injury riddled seasons either. I just know that the Packers had previously shown interest in him and he'd give Love a #1 target. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think Waller has some tremendous amount of value after his last two injury riddled seasons either. I just know that the Packers had previously shown interest in him and he'd give Love a #1 target. 

Given how much money he has remaining plus the fact that he's on the wrong side of 30 with recent injury history probably deflates his value significantly.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Given how much money he has remaining plus the fact that he's on the wrong side of 30 with recent injury history probably deflates his value significantly.

IIRC the Packers just offered us a 2nd round pick before the trade deadline, has his value changed significantly since then?

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah that's my only concern since the Jets are likely going to offer #13 + more, we'll likely have to give up #7. I can't imagine that we'd leverage that much future draft capital though, if we give up #7 I really wouldn't want to include any more FRP's because there's a good chance Rodgers only lasts 1-2 years max with us.

I think it's unlikely that the Packers could get 2 FRPs straight up.  Now, I could see a situation where the Packers get a '24 FRP IF the Raiders were to win the Super Bowl, or something very hard to achieve.  As far as the package goes, it's going to either cost more in the future or less in the present.  But at the end of the day, you're going to have to ask yourself would you rather maximize your window with Rodgers or protect your future post-Rodgers?  Hypothetically speaking, would you rather give up #7 or '24 FRP plus a conditional '25 FRP/SRP depending on team/individual success?

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC the Packers just offered us a 2nd round pick before the trade deadline, has his value changed significantly since then?

First off, we're talking about a post-Rodgers' era.  We're probably going to be pretty close to the cap this year after trading Rodgers.  We'd have to restructure his contract which pushes the dead cap in future years to non-zero.  Secondly, there's the age issue.  The Packers' new core is on the younger end of the spectrum (Jordan Love is only 24 years old), so you're bringing in an aging veteran who probably won't be on the roster more than 2-3 years.  I look at him more as a throw-in in the post-Rodgers' era rather than a notable piece.

EDIT: Plus, the Raiders probably would want to keep him around for Rodgers.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think it's unlikely that the Packers could get 2 FRPs straight up.  Now, I could see a situation where the Packers get a '24 FRP IF the Raiders were to win the Super Bowl, or something very hard to achieve.  As far as the package goes, it's going to either cost more in the future or less in the present.  But at the end of the day, you're going to have to ask yourself would you rather maximize your window with Rodgers or protect your future post-Rodgers?  Hypothetically speaking, would you rather give up #7 or '24 FRP plus a conditional '25 FRP/SRP depending on team/individual success?

I think I'd prefer to give up #7 because I don't want to be without a first for multiple years going forward.