2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I thought the Tee Higgins to the Giants trade talks were just pipe dreams. If he is actually available, yeah, I'd trade pretty much whatever Cinci wants for him. #25 and that 3rd we got from KC (I think it will end up being 101 overall)? Would that do it?

I would think that is the comparable to what AJ Brown to Eagles was.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

What is the benefit to Carr to allow a trade when he can just wait to be cut and sign with any team for the same or more money and not take away assets from new team?

Because he wouldn’t get more money, unless a team offered him by far the highest amount a QB has ever received in free agency.

31 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Because he wouldn’t get more money, unless a team offered him by far the highest amount a QB has ever received in free agency.

He would get that. What free agent QB hit open market? Kirk Cousins? Cousins got close to 3y/90mil years ago with most of it guaranteed. Who else even has gotten to FA? He'd get paid in FA lol.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Would the Raiders be paying some of the money in a trade?

I doubt it. And I get where you’re leading to with this question; so to pre-empt that, the reason a team would trade for him and take on a higher salary than they would possibly have to pay in FA is so that they would be assured of landing Carr and not getting into a bidding war in which they might not be the preferred candidate.

9 minutes ago, Trojan said:

He would get that. What free agent QB hit open market? Kirk Cousins? Cousins got close to 3y/90mil years ago with most of it guaranteed. Who else even has gotten to FA? He'd get paid in FA lol.

Of course he’d get paid, but I doubt he gets near his salary over the next few years if so. But it gives a team more security to know they’re acquiring his services through trade. Plus the optics are better for Carr if he’s traded than cut.

”lol”

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Of course he’d get paid, but I doubt he gets near his salary over the next few years if so. But it gives a team more security to know they’re acquiring his services through trade. Plus the optics are better for Carr if he’s traded than cut.

”lol”

He's scheduled to get 36mil this year. If you aren't in the market to pay 36 to a veteran QB, you aren't in the veteran QB market. Burrow, Herbet and Jackson are all going to strike 50mil+ this offseason or next. Carr being something like 25-30% off top money is just fair. If he were a FA he would get at least fair offers, and would have enough that a team probably would offer him out of desperation. Deshaun reset the market with a terrible situation and got 46. Carr as is is Stafford money without the back injury issues.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I thought the Tee Higgins to the Giants trade talks were just pipe dreams. If he is actually available, yeah, I'd trade pretty much whatever Cinci wants for him. #25 and that 3rd we got from KC (I think it will end up being 101 overall)? Would that do it?

He's not.  Just people filling lines.   Not unlike the pre-draft crap of Burrow forcing his way to a trade.   They haven't even started officially negotiating.  If those gop south in a hurry, I think they still keep him next year, then tag him another.

• Like 1