2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

8 hours ago, Soko said:

Has there been a peep on Kareem Hunt?

Dude’s debatably the best RB available this offseason…

I've seen nothing. There was an article semi-recently from a Browns insider, that the team isn't interested in retaining him, and part of it is due to his athleticism starting to slip already.

Not that surprising though, honestly. Will be 28 by season start. Was injured most of 2021, responded with career lows basically across the board in 2022. Yards per rush, yards after contact, broken tackles, even PFF grade, all the worst of his career. Would have been a different story a year or two ago, I'm sure. Jerick McKinnon has been loudly disappointed by his lack of a market on Twitter, and he's arguably coming off of a career year. Just not much market for RBs with wear and tear. I expect we'll see some movement post-draft, if teams who need someone in a rotation don't get someone there, and then again in camp if there are injuries or young guys not showing up well enough. But right now, just no market for a guy like him.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yannick Ngakoue

That's the annual surprise for me. Seems like he produces wherever he winds up. Not sure if he's prick to be around or if he smells like Cheetos and feet for nobody to want him around long-term...gotta be a reason.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I've seen nothing. There was an article semi-recently from a Browns insider, that the team isn't interested in retaining him, and part of it is due to his athleticism starting to slip already.

Not that surprising though, honestly. Will be 28 by season start. Was injured most of 2021, responded with career lows basically across the board in 2022. Yards per rush, yards after contact, broken tackles, even PFF grade, all the worst of his career. Would have been a different story a year or two ago, I'm sure. Jerick McKinnon has been loudly disappointed by his lack of a market on Twitter, and he's arguably coming off of a career year. Just not much market for RBs with wear and tear. I expect we'll see some movement post-draft, if teams who need someone in a rotation don't get someone there, and then again in camp if there are injuries or young guys not showing up well enough. But right now, just no market for a guy like him.

Market’s definitely dead, Damien Harris got absolute chump change, even with his injury issues. McKinnon and Hunt are a little bit at the tail end, so I’m sure they’re looking for more money.

But dang, even with a short shelf life, there’s probably 2-3 teams in each division that could use a guy like Hunt/McKinnon on the roster. Even just as depth. 

14 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I sincerely hope he does this, or just takes a punter at 2 and a kicker at 12. I WOULD DIE LAUGHING.

But also I'm sorry.

Flacco beginning to see the sheer joy that you get from relishing in other team's misery with unfixable QB situations and inept bungling of things due to your own team's frustrating situation. It's really an underrated aspect of being a fan to be honest. Welcome to the club!

Any words of wisdom/advice from others on how to enjoy the NFL when you don't have a team, have a miserable situation, or there's no real hope in sight?

Let's ask @LETSGOBROWNIES @ramssuperbowl99, or our lovable resident dooms-day Randy Quaid Major League fan, @sdrawkcab321

GleamingThirstyBagworm-size_restricted.g

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Flacco beginning to see the sheer joy that you get from relishing in other team's misery with unfixable QB situations and inept bungling of things due to your own team's frustrating situation. It's really an underrated aspect of being a fan to be honest. Welcome to the club!

Any words of wisdom/advice from others on how to enjoy the NFL when you don't have a team, have a miserable situation, or there's no real hope in sight?

Let's ask @LETSGOBROWNIES @ramssuperbowl99, or our lovable resident dooms-day Randy Quaid Major League fan, @sdrawkcab321

GleamingThirstyBagworm-size_restricted.g

How tf did I get lumped in with scrabble?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm really surprised that there are multiple edge rushers (Leonard Floyd, Yannick Ngakoue, Justin Houston, etc.) coming off productive seasons still available.

At this point, probably waiting till after the draft, both the teams and the players.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How tf did I get lumped in with scrabble?

Just words of wisdom on what it's like to be a Browns fan/fan of a team without hope. You're basically the anti-Scrabble optimist. Both ends of the spectrum here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Just words of wisdom on what it's like to be a Browns fan/fan of a team without hope. You're basically the anti-Scrabble optimist. Both ends of the spectrum here.

See now this sounds just as bad.  Sounds like a backhanded compliment that I’m the gullible dufus who thinks “just wait till next year”.  

I mean, just wait till next year and things will be different but I don’t like how this comes across.

• Like 1