2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

πŸ‘€

This has been a thing coming out lately. Heard it on locked on / draft dudes. A Titans beat writer also put out a mock with him getting traded.

Β 

*Edit*

But I guess that is not a real thing and they don't know what they are talking about πŸ˜‚

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Putting my distaste for Florio aside, let's not pretend like the 49ers couldn't create the cap space to acquire Aaron Rodgers. Β I'm not saying they would, but they have avenues to create cap space to do so if they so desired.

Yeah, I’m not going to argue that it’s impossible, but it could severely cripple this team that is so strong across the board.

I don’t claim to be a salary cap guru, but imagine we’d have to do a lot of restructuring and/or trade away a big piece on this team to make room. I don’t think our org would be willing to throw away the team they built for what could be a 1 or 2 year rental.Β 

7 hours ago, GW21 said:

Yeah, I’m not going to argue that it’s impossible, but it could severely cripple this team that is so strong across the board.

I don’t claim to be a salary cap guru, but imagine we’d have to do a lot of restructuring and/or trade away a big piece on this team to make room. I don’t think our org would be willing to throw away the team they built for what could be a 1 or 2 year rental.Β 

49ers only need around $1.05M in cap space to sign their draft class, so ASSUMING that they don't deal out any '23 draft picks they'd need that plus the $15.2M to acquire Aaron Rodgers for a grand total of $16.25M in cap space. Β They're currently at $3.1M in cap space, so they need to clear an additional $13.15M in cap space. Β To me, Trey Lance is the pretty easy trade candidate. Β They paid Sam Darnold high-end backup QB money, and Brock Purdy looked better last year. Β Trading him before June 1st actually costs them more money, but a post-June 1st deal saves them nearly $3.8M which puts them in need of an additional $9.35M. Β A restructure of either Trent Williams ($13.8M saved) or Arik Armstead ($11.1M saved). Β A George Kittle restructure ($8M) is a bit short of that, but he could be part of the cap savings.

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

49ers only need around $1.05M in cap space to sign their draft class, so ASSUMING that they don't deal out any '23 draft picks they'd need that plus the $15.2M to acquire Aaron Rodgers for a grand total of $16.25M in cap space. Β They're currently at $3.1M in cap space, so they need to clear an additional $13.15M in cap space. Β To me, Trey Lance is the pretty easy trade candidate. Β They paid Sam Darnold high-end backup QB money, and Brock Purdy looked better last year. Β Trading him before June 1st actually costs them more money, but a post-June 1st deal saves them nearly $3.8M which puts them in need of an additional $9.35M. Β A restructure of either Trent Williams ($13.8M saved) or Arik Armstead ($11.1M saved). Β A George Kittle restructure ($8M) is a bit short of that, but he could be part of the cap savings.

Again, not a cap expert, but what does that do for us down the road? I don’t want to be in a position like we were in with Dee Ford last year when we were paying 8 mil for him to be a FA, especially when we have Bosa and Aiyuk’s deals upcoming.

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Again, not a cap expert, but what does that do for us down the road? I don’t want to be in a position like we were in with Dee Ford last year when we were paying 8 mil for him to be a FA, especially when we have Bosa and Aiyuk’s deals upcoming.

ASSUMING you go with the Trent Williams' restructure and the Trey Lance trade, the 49ers would be at $19.8M in cap space for the 2024 season. Β They'd need around $30M for Rodgers' deal assuming he doesn't retire. Β But I don't think San Francisco is interested in Rodgers for more than 1 year anyways.

18 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Bengals could be like the Manning Colts. It’s why they need to keep their version of Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

Perennially SB favorites only to make the playoffs and choke every single year except one where they play against Rex Grossman in the rain?

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Perennially SB favorites only to make the playoffs and choke every single year except one where they play against Rex Grossman in the rain?

Pretty sure the Bengals would sign up for that, as a Raider fan I would

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Just a random comment relating to that Super Bowl- It would have been thought of a lot more positively if Grossman didn’t throw that horrible game ending pick 6 (around 6:10).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=je879i4vYzA