What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You mean the same situations as the Davante Adams trade last year that netted us a 1st and 2nd last year? Yeah we're familiar. 

Nowhere near the same situation buddy, nowhere even close.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

You mean the same situations as the Davante Adams trade last year that netted us a 1st and 2nd last year? Yeah we're familiar. 

You mean a 1st and a 2nd when you could have gotten 2 1s just by franchising him with the non-exclusive tag?  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The Jets have every qb available on the market including Lamar Jackson.  They could put a package together and go to #1, they have options.  What leverage do you think the Packers have here, bc I'm going to tell you, it's really none.

Going to #1 will be a lot more expensive  in picks than just getting Rodgers.  Signing Lamar costs two first round picks and a lot more guaranteed money.  Green Bay can also try to convince Rodgers to run it back in Green Bay again instead.  The Jets don't have all the leverage.

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Going to #1 will be a lot more expensive  in picks than just getting Rodgers.  Signing Lamar costs two first round picks and a lot more guaranteed money.  Green Bay can also try to convince Rodgers to run it back in Green Bay again instead.  The Jets don't have all the leverage.

I didn't say the other options would cost the same, I said they have other options.  Playing QB in GB is not an option with Rodgers at this point.  Cutting Rodgers is not an option bc of a $99M cap hit.  The Packers options are:

A) HOPE Rodgers retires, eat his ~$50M cap hit and move on

B) trade him to the Jets, eat his ~$40M cap hit and move on

So.please explain where the Packers leverage is here?

Just now, THE DUKE said:

But they have enough to where they’re not going to overpay for Aaron Rodgers.

For all intents and purposes, Joe Douglas is VERY good at his job; His only real knock so far is Zach Wilson at #2, everything else he’s done has drastically improved this team and a reasonable rate in comparison to the rest of the GM community in the league. He’s not overpaying for FA talent, he’s not overpaying for trades (in fact, he gets others to overpay for players like Jamal Adams). 

Thinking he’s going to pull a heel turn and suddenly go against his track record doesn’t feel like it’s possible. This concept of the Jets paying through the nose for a 39 year old QB just doesn’t feel like it’s based in anything but “I wish-isms” if you will.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd say this is true-ish. Rodgers has all the leverage. He's letting the Jets borrow it because he doesn't want to be in GB any more.

This is the real truth right here. Rodgers does hold all the cards, but Pack are definitely last in the pecking order.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Nowhere near the same situation buddy, nowhere even close.

Explain the differences? Adams approached Green Bay and said he wouldn't play on the tag and that the only franchise he wanted to play for was his childhood team, with his college roomie, the Raiders. I'm interested to hear how this is any different? In fact, if anything, we have more leverage in this situation. We had to move quickly with Davante as we couldn't afford to bring back pieces like Campbell, Douglas and Tonyan with the tag cost of Davante. Rodgers costs us 9+m MORE to trade to you then he does just being on our roster. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

But they have enough to where they’re not going to overpay for Aaron Rodgers.

For all intents and purposes, Joe Douglas is VERY good at his job; His only real knock so far is Zach Wilson at #2, everything else he’s done has drastically improved this team and a reasonable rate in comparison to the rest of the GM community in the league. He’s not overpaying for FA talent, he’s not overpaying for trades (in fact, he gets others to overpay for players like Jamal Adams). 

Thinking he’s going to pull a heel turn and suddenly go against his track record doesn’t feel like it’s possible. This concept of the Jets paying through the nose for a 39 year old QB just doesn’t feel like it’s based in anything but “I wish-isms” if you will.

Then there's this about JD, which I'm glad is coming from a non-Jets fan. JD has a 100% track record on trades.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

In fact, if anything, we have more leverage in this situation. We had to move quickly with Davante as we couldn't afford to bring back pieces like Campbell, Douglas and Tonyan with the tag cost of Davante. Rodgers costs us 9+m MORE to trade to you then he does just being on our roster. 

Sure - now how about the non-financial costs of keeping Rodgers on the roster?

The appearance of leverage the Packers have is "we like him, and we want to keep him". The reality is that is a lie, and the problem the Packers have is everyone involved knows it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:
14 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You mean a 1st and a 2nd when you could have gotten 2 1s just by franchising him with the non-exclusive tag?  

Um that's exactly what the Packers did lol. 

So… you jobbed yourself out of an extra 1st. That’s what I’m hearing. 

• Like 1

As a Browns fan, I've stopped caring about winning games and am just in "Watch the world burn/I want nobody else to be happy since I can't be" mode.

I hope the Packers deal Rodgers and go through a 30+ year span of inability to find a franchise quarterback, let alone a 1st Ballot HOF guy.

Charlie Frye Jr.

Tim Couch III

Johnny Football's 2nd Cousin

Brady Quinn's roomate's son

Brandon Weeden 2.0 age 29 rookie

...I'm here for it.

20 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The Jets have every qb available on the market including Lamar Jackson.  They could put a package together and go to #1, they have options.  What leverage do you think the Packers have here, bc I'm going to tell you, it's really none.

Every other QB on the market is meaningless when you're talking about Baker Mayfield, Jimmy G & Eat a W Winston. The only one of any real relevance in that supposed plethora of available quality QB's is Lamar Jackson and sure the Jets could offer him a contract that he may sign but even then, it's dependent on the Ravens unwillingness to match that contract and is no guarantee. 

I'm not saying you're wrong in the overvaluation of what some Packers fans are expecting for a return, in that aspect you are correct. I'm simply saying you're wrong in the sense that this make-believe plethora of QB's diminishes the need for Aaron Rodgers for the Jets. 

The fact is, the Jets need/want Aaron and the Packers need/want to unload Aaron. They both equally need one another and because of that, I don't think you're going to see GB get a haul, but I also don't think you're going to see them get ripped off. You'll see a well-balanced and fair trade for both parties involved, and life will go on for both teams. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Then there's this about JD, which I'm glad is coming from a non-Jets fan. JD has a 100% track record on trades.

He’s proven to be very competent in this respect, and people like that don’t just fall in love with names. They have their value charts and they stick to ‘em.