Super Bowl LVII - Philadelphia vs Kansas City

Leader

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So with every media member drooling over Patrick Mahomes, can anyone remember an actual impressive play he had? I mean he just took what was open. I thought Hurts had a couple of wow scramble throws and the one to Goedert on that 3rd down might've been the throw of the year. Not saying Mahomes isn't a freak of a talent, but it was a totally meh game for his standards. 

He acknowledged that the middle of the field exists?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So with every media member drooling over Patrick Mahomes, can anyone remember an actual impressive play he had? I mean he just took what was open. I thought Hurts had a couple of wow scramble throws and the one to Goedert on that 3rd down might've been the throw of the year. Not saying Mahomes isn't a freak of a talent, but it was a totally meh game for his standards. 

The run up the middle was impressive.  1st drive of 2nd half run around right end was impressive.

I think pre snap reads/motion ( combined with playcalls) was impressive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Tonight? 

No. Not really.  I was more impressed by Pacheco and Smith-Shuster than Pat.  The OL was also doing a great job.  Cudos to the Chiefs for rebuilding that unit.  When they lost to Tampa, that was a woeful OL.

On the other hand, the Chiefs did move the ball well, and pretty fast.  The Eagles dominated TOP in part because of the defensive TD, and a lot of 3rd and 4th and short conversions.  I think the Chiefs only punted once.  And playing like football Jesus, or Check down Charlie, the QB does get some credit for that.  This wasn't the 49ers just running the ball.

KC was dam efficient on offense.   Only had 8 3rd down plays.  1 of those because McKinnon didn't score a TD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I thought Hurts played better except for that fumble. 

But that's like saying "other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Mahomes 17.5% of the cap.

Last year rams had Stafford (+ Goff dead cap) = 30% of the cap*.

*I read this on twitter and did not fact check

I thought the Lions agreed to eat a bunch of the cap hit for Goff. I can't confirm what that entails though. If you go to over the cap, the Lions still have Goff's SB on their books. 

Edited by Old Guy

8 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

The run he had with his bad wheel was the play of the game for him.

It must be nice to have great coaching and weapons aplenty for your MVP QB

This KC team did not have "weapons aplenty" to support their MVP QB.  They had Kelce and a bunch of JAG's.  The GB teams of 2020 and 2021 had better weapons.

• Like 1

New record set last night with Maholmes counting for highest percentage against the cap as a single QB since Steve Young, the Twitter experts oddly left out last year's Rams with a goofy combined pay for a guy not even on the team.

The chiefs are what the Packers should have been the last decade. Props to them being aggressive. Masterclass in team building and coaching. 

Edited by Laces Out
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

New record set last night with Maholmes counting for highest percentage against the cap as a single QB since Steve Young, the Twitter experts oddly left out last year's Rams with a goofy combined pay for a guy not even on the team.

The chiefs are what the Packers should have been the last decade. Props to them being aggressive. Masterclass in team building and coaching. 

Correct. So 2 consecutive champs with cap hits at the QB position that supposedly made it impossible to win with

52 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

Agreed.  Wish we had a QB who was willing to elevate the talent around him when it wasn’t elite.  

Also the NFL needs to allow penalties to be reviewed.  Now that so many reviews are expedited, it wouldn’t take up too much time, and the teams will almost certainly have a challenge available.

• Like 1