What does Sean do now?

AKRNA

11 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

The Strief hire makes me wonder if Roushar is a potential OC. 

I thought the same thing. 

What’s interesting about this is that I heard on GMFB this morning that Flores is getting a second HC interview in Arizona, where you have to assume he is the favorite given they hired a Patriot Way GM.

Sean Desai had a forgettable season in Seattle this year - 25th in points, 26th in yards - but that defense is somewhat bereft of playmakers. 

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

What’s interesting about this is that I heard on GMFB this morning that Flores is getting a second HC interview in Arizona, where you have to assume he is the favorite given they hired a Patriot Way GM.

Sean Desai had a forgettable season in Seattle this year - 25th in points, 26th in yards - but that defense is somewhat bereft of playmakers. 

He was only an assistant in Seattle though right? Think I read he mostly worked with the DBs. They had two rookie corners starting, both Day 3 picks, and one ended up in the Pro Bowl so I’d imagine that only helps the resume. Also important to note he didn’t get fired in Chicago, Eberflus dumped the entire staff to bring in his scheme. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

SEA's LB's and run D in particular was awful.    Desai's area thrived.   Obv the Q is if he's up to the job of running a whole D (CHI 2021 doesn't stand out,  but that was a pretty awful unit talent-wise).

Edited by Broncofan

39 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

it’s no secret that I have been down on the trading of assets for a coach. But after years of having coaches not understand the basics of divisional competition and leading men, I’m loving what I’m hearing from Sean day one.

Mrw GIF

Loved Hackett downplaying the Raiders rivalry and raving about what a great friend Davante Adams is. 

• Like 1

There’s no guarantee he can fix Russell but that approach is the best sign he is on the right track.   No coddling, no yes men to follow what Russ wants.   That’s exactly what getting a HC with his cache can do.  

No guarantees but hopeful.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

There’s no guarantee he can fix Russell but that approach is the best sign he is on the right track.   No coddling, no yes men to follow what Russ wants.   That’s exactly what getting a HC with his cache can do.  

No guarantees but hopeful.   

Agreed. 

That means a lot more to me than the fan pleasing “we will root against the Chiefs” crap. I didn’t really have much of a problem that Hackett didn’t outwardly express a “hate” for the rivals as it’s not like he wasn’t preparing to try to win the game, he was just incompetent at doing so. The latter was the problem. 

I’ve said it all along, I think Sean’s credentials as a HC speak for themselves, he has all aspects down and he will get the needed buy-in. It’s just a worry of if he will stay long-term and then my disliking, all of our disliking, of surrendering valuable draft picks. But I’d he stays for 10 years and returns us to legitimacy those picks will be forgotten. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Looks like Klis just lost a source. Bad for him - and we give Mike crap but he is a pro - but good for the Broncos as a whole that Sean is putting his foot down in the Russ entourage. 

To be fair, Russ wasn’t exactly Fort Knox. He made sure everything was out there for the masses to consume

• Like 2

Seems pretty clear Desai is going to Paytons' main guy for DC now.   Desai turning down a MIN DC interview so he could focus on the DEN job interview as his top destination (b4 Evero decided, too) takes on an interesting twist - Flores in MIN vs. Desai in DEN is going to be an interesting career path comp to follow.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

We parted ways with ILB coach Peter Hansen. Thought our ILBs over achieved this last year. 

He absolutely got the most out of a limited skill-set but smart / high-motor Alex Singleton.   Full credit.

It will be interesting to see who Payton tabs at LB coach.  NO has always enjoyed good ILB play for some time now (and without paying a premium - Pete Werner was a 2nd round pick as highest IIRC).  But it's a 4-3.    If Payton hires Desai, it's a pretty solid sign we're sticking with the 3-4 for now, given Desai's familiarity with the Fangio 3-4.  I hope Desai would keep Evero's ball aggression, though - it was IMO the perfect upgrade to a very sound scheme.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Vikes get Flores, and move on. whew!

love to play the Broncos some day soon in a Super Bowl.

Floored that Flores didn’t get the Arizona job given the New England connection. Going to be Kafka going the Valley of the Sun, no? And good luck with Flores, he’s a New England trained malcontent. 

And a Vikings/Bills SB would be historic as both teams are 0-4 in the big game. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1