What does Sean do now?

AKRNA

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

George said something about this the other day; Dre’Mont is a good player but his antics, or whatever you want to call them, give me pause. This is an example. 

Really? All he’s saying here is that he wants to be in Denver and don’t take social media seriously. He didn’t have to address this silliness but he did anyway.

• Like 1

And the Dre’Mont “liked tweets” in question included one that said trading picks for a coach is bold, which is objectively true. The other was Derek Wolfe saying “Let’s ride” was never cool. Every single player on the team not named Russell Wilson would agree with that. 

That’s it. Pretty amazing that this is being discussed so much. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

Re: Dre'mont, now seems like a good time to recall that Jeudy's posting on SM last offseason had a huge portion of the fanbase wanting to cut bait, and part ways (to be fair, along with the non-DV arrest that is required by COL law).    Obviously fans feel a lot differently now.

Honestly, nothing Dre'mont posted or liked was that crazy.   I get it's the offseason, but social media post content / likes gets a lot more attention for ill intent where none exists.   Unless it's outright slagging someone, or they start unfollowing their team (OK that move has a lot of meaning), IMO it's a lot of noise. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Rex was one of the best for a long time and a lot of the simulated pressure stuff you see around the league reflects his impact on the game.

I always worry about any coach coming back from a long hiatus. He hasn’t coached in 7 years and that’s an eternity in pro football. 

Yeah that would be my concern. I know when they’re working as analysts/contributors they are studying the game to a certain degree. But there’s a lot of nuances that you miss out on when you’re not actively coaching. Seven years is definitely a long time to be out of the loop.

4 hours ago, broncos67 said:

It would be a terrible hire. He hasn't coached in 7 years. His last defensive stint the Bills D was bad. It's a total step backwards to bring in one of Payton's TV buddies. Hard pass.

I still dont understand why they let Evero go. Maybe he wanted to but man....talk about creating a hole in the coaching staff to fill when you didnt need to. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I still dont understand why they let Evero go. Maybe he wanted to but man....talk about creating a hole in the coaching staff to fill when you didnt need to. 

He definitely wanted out.   Hard to keep a guy that doesn’t want to stay.   In the coaching world it’s standard practice to let assistsnts walk who want out.  

Edited by Broncofan