Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

24 minutes ago, Woz said:

Was talking with a coworker here with this possibility: assume for a moment the draft plays out like this:

1. CLE - Darnold
  2. NYG - Barkley
  3. NYJ - Olsen
  4. CLE - Chubb
  5. DEN - Fitzpatrick
  6. IND - Edmunds
  7. TAM - James
  8. CHI - R. Smith

Do the Patriots call up the 49ers and Raiders and offer 23 and 31 for their pick to draft Josh Allen? Have to think that Lynch would take that deal, and I suspect McKenzie might think long and hard about passing.

I think they’ll pull the trigger on two defensive playmakers like the year they took Hightower and Chandler Jones.  

16 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I think they’ll pull the trigger on two defensive playmakers like the year they took Hightower and Chandler Jones.  

On one hand: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bill-belichick-and-the-patriots-are-now-firmly-in-the-market-for-a-qb-in-the-2018-nfl-draft/
On the other: by Jason La Canfora

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Either way, they are being smart with personnel. Trading away players or letting them walk and getting comp picks (currently they are looking at 2 x 3rd rounders in comp picks in 2019), and then using those picks to move up when they need to, to get the players they want.

8 hours ago, Woz said:

Maybe they don't go QB and get a defensive player and draft Goedert to replace Gronk (who they are trying to trade)??

My money is on the QB. They have 2 firsts now. Brady is getting up there and probably only is gonna play a few more years. The time to get the QBOTF is now so they can groom him

46 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Hey guys. My wife's delivery date for our son has been moved up to April 18th. So please take it easy on @Woz for the rest of April and first part of May. Also realize I might be severely sleep deprived once I get back.

All hail the imminent arrival of our future Redskins QB in 2040 - Woz Riggo Thaiphoon!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Hey guys. My wife's delivery date for our son has been moved up to April 18th. So please take it easy on @Woz for the rest of April and first part of May. Also realize I might be severely sleep deprived once I get back.

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

All hail the imminent arrival of our future Redskins QB in 2040 - Woz Riggo Thaiphoon!

200w.gif

• Like 1

So, it seems that unless something crazy happens where the wizards click and are able to turn it on in the playoffs that the wizards are likely to be one and done in the playoffs.

This has been a crazy year for the team with Wall battling a knee injury most of the year and finally having surgery which cost him over a month. The team started off playing well when John first went out, but then they couldn’t keep that up and are finishing the season horribly losing I believe 7 or 8 of their last 10 games.

I continue to believe that Marcin Gortat needs to be traded. I’ve wanted that since the middle of the 2016 season when the trade deadline was coming up and I’m disapointed he’s still the Wizards starting center.

The silver lining here is the Wizards will get a draft pick in the teens this year and with that pick they can take a young power forward/center to develop or a SG to have as a back up behind Beal, which they badly need.

Here are the players I’ve been scouting for the wizards to take with their 1st round pick and some good players that should be available for them to select in round 2 to develop as well.

For their 1st round pick:

1. Mortiz Wagner, 6’11, 235 lb PF/C from Michigan  (obviously he has to get stronger but he’s already a stretch 4/5 and will be a match up nightmare in the nba.)

2. Miles Bridges, 6’7, 230 lb PF from Michigan St.

3. Lonnie Walker, 6’4, 200 lb PG/SG from Miami

4. Gary Trent, JR., 6’6 215 lb SG from Duke

5. Robert Williams, 6’9, 240 lb PF/C from Texas A&M

6. Zahire Smith, 6’5, 195 lb SG from Texas Tech

7. Troy Brown, 6’7, 215 PG/SG from Oregon 

8. Mitchell Robinson, 7’1, 225 C - sat out a year and didn’t play college basketball 

9. Jontay Porter, 6’11, 240 PF/C from Missouri 

10. Caleb Martin, 6’7, 215 lb SG/SF, Nevada

11. Brandon McCoy, 7’, 255 lb C from UNLV 

Round 2 :

Keita Bates-Diop, 6’7, 230 lb PF from Ohio State

Issac Bonga, 6’9, 200 lb SG from Germany

Devonte Graham, 6’2, 215 lb PG from Kansas 

Cody Martin, 6’7 215 lb PG/SG from Nevada 

Austin Wiley, 6’11 255 lb C from Auburn 

Goga Bitadze, 7’ 250 lb C from the Republic of Georgia 

Keenan Evans,  6’3 205 lb PG/SG from Texas Tech

Kendall Stephens, 6’7 205 lb SG/SF from Nevada

Robert Franks, 6’7 240 lb PF, Washington St.

Theo Pinson, 6’6 220 lb SG/SF from Unc 

Edited by turtle28