Upcoming QB Contracts...

NYRaider

21 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I don't get 2017 Carson Wentz vibes off Jalen Hurts TBH. Mainly because of the drive, work ethic and frankly his obsessive desire to improve his craft since becoming a Eagle. His mentality is Mamba like!

People questioned his arm strength, ability to read defenses, make tight winds throws, deep ball passing, touch, footwork,  ect.... and he's done all of that and some all season long until the AC injury to his throwing shoulder. 

While I'm not enthused about giving him or any QB frankly $45m plus a season, it's the going rate for FQB's. Which I 100% believe he is. Whether he jumps to another level, become upper echelon remains to be seen. I just don't see a massive drop off or him cliff diving in the near future unless injuries completely derail his career.

It's not in his DNA to settle, not improve,  not strive for greatness. Just listen to him talk, it's nuts.

Honestly reminds me of a modern day Steve McNair. He may never have the gaudy stats but with consistent decent team building the Eagles should always be in the hunt

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 9:59 PM, Nabbs4u said:

I don't get 2017 Carson Wentz vibes off Jalen Hurts TBH. Mainly because of the drive, work ethic and frankly his obsessive desire to improve his craft since becoming a Eagle. His mentality is Mamba like!

I think Wentz biggest downfall was his injury, his career trajectory would've been completely different if he never got hurt.

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Interesting and probably accurate. Do you think the Giants extend?

They messed up not exercising his 5th year option. I like DJ but I feel like the Giants are kind of in a weird spot with him right now because he played well enough that you'd be hesitant to move on from him but not so well that you feel 100% comfortable giving him a huge contract. The veteran QB market is already drying up though so they really don't have a choice other than to pay him. They just need to get him some more WR help and hope he can take his game to the next level.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Not sure what the overall yearly number will be but I'm assuming a Pat Mahomes 10 year type contract, minimizing cap numbers here or there will occur. 

Absolutely know Howie will get a deal done as soon as possible,  before the 3 listed above, including Lamar. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think that's cap to be honest, $100M off in GTD money?

Unless it's like a $240M deal, he wants it to be fully GTD, they're only offering $140M GTD.

Is that out of the question?

If I’m Lamar, I’m obviously shooting high but I’m also taking into account my recent injuries + seeing what Watson just got after being out of football and all the legal issues.