The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

I think it depends on what he wants at this stage in his career. The money? Cause teams will back up the trunk for him. Or play for a true contender and take a pay cut. I think he wouldn't be against a 1 year rental deal especially if he balls out (and he likely will with a top 10 QB). Maybe somewhere in the middle. Bills do make the most sense. Ravens too.

It will be interesting.

16 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya we got no shot at him. He is gunna go for a fortune, but fun to think about him in the slot in this offense.

nah, you put Hop outside and move DeVo to the slot.

He’d like to play with Allen, Hurts, Mahomes, Lamar or Herbert. 

Chiefs and Bills would have to do some financial gymnastics to figure it out. Ravens, Chargers and Eagles have the cap “space”. I think the Eagles are the most attractive if he’s looking to win and he’s willing to not break the bank. 

9 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Chiefs and Bills would have to do some financial gymnastics to figure it out. Ravens, Chargers and Eagles have the cap “space”. I think the Eagles are the most attractive if he’s looking to win and he’s willing to not break the bank. 

Watch out for the Jets and Lions

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

5 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

NGL potential Hopkins signing is very intriguing.

Is he willing to take on a lesser role? Perhaps slot? The thought of Devonta under DHops tutelage has be bricked up. 

Hop in the slot would be a waste of time. Not saying there couldn't or wouldn't be packages with him and AJ inside but Hop is a Outside WR,  not a slot.

Smitty however in the Cee Dee Lamb type role? Look out. 

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think he'll sign with Chargers, even though Hop couldn't remember Herbert's name. His numbers would look better playing with Herbert vs Hurts, and it's Cali.

Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Quentin Johnston. They're even more crowded than we are. I don't see it.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Quentin Johnston. They're even more crowded than we are. I don't see it.

Keenan played 10 games, Mike played 13. How many you expecting from Keenan this year?

Eagles have DeVo/AJ/Goedert.

Herbert threw for 1000 yards more than Hurts, with a way worse OL and his best targets usually banged up. If Hopkins cares about his stats, he'll go to Chargers. Or, despite not mentioning him, Trevor Lawrence. If he just wants to win, he'll come here, but I think he wants equal parts stats and wins, so Chargers or Jags make sense. Obviously KC makes the most sense of all, just not financially.

Edited by Jeezla