The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

They need to invest at corner I dont trust Zech. Good special teams player but didnt seem to take a step forward to trust as a starting corner.

No matter who we lined up outside, given JB's year it's going to be a downgrade. I'm not suggesting Zech would be some stud, but he had very little reps playing outside really because of that Duo. Both Slay and JB raved about him numerous times. 

Howie is always about drafting in the trenches DL/OL. Unless we trade for a CB, I doubt Howie takes one at #10. Unless it's the unquestioned BPA. 🤷‍♂️

Read some comments JB made about weighing options about his next contract and he did say playing for a contender and a playoff resume is important to him. He doesn’t want to play for cheap but it’s important to him. Maybe Howie can put something together for him that’s reasonable. 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

He doesn’t want to play for cheap but it’s important to him. Maybe Howie can put something together for him that’s reasonable. 

His exit interview was by far the best I've heard him speak about being an Eagle or potentially staying one the past several months. 

Still highly unlikely. It is Howie though so who knows? 🤷‍♂️

37 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

If we could somehow keep JB I'd feel a hell of a lot better about our defense going forward, regardless of who becomes DC. I think keeping him is a distinct possibility.

Would just be nice to not have to worry about so much. Pass rush and both CBs would be very good. Then we could focus on improving the middle on up with our resources along with a little depth. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Would just be nice to not have to worry about so much. Pass rush and both CBs would be very good. Then we could focus on improving the middle on up with our resources along with a little depth. 

Even it’s a one year thing, would be nice to not have to put it all on a rookie CB. Yeah sometimes they come in and play well, but not as much as you’d like year one. Though it’s better than the past I suppose.

25 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Even it’s a one year thing, would be nice to not have to put it all on a rookie CB. Yeah sometimes they come in and play well, but not as much as you’d like year one. Though it’s better than the past I suppose.

Yea but doubtful JB is looking for something we can wiggle out of in one year. He’s only 29? Hes getting a long term deal from someone. I mean at this rate, the rookie could replace Slay in two years. JB could be the 3-4 year guy. Problem would be that he’s buried on the depth chart. He’d only get real looks in dime packages. 

17 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea but doubtful JB is looking for something we can wiggle out of in one year. He’s only 29? Hes getting a long term deal from someone. I mean at this rate, the rookie could replace Slay in two years. JB could be the 3-4 year guy. Problem would be that he’s buried on the depth chart. He’d only get real looks in dime packages. 

Just looked at Slay’s contract, that’ll get a rework or he’ll get the post June 1st. Would be a 12 mil swing this year. 

They could actually just get JB in by working in unison on Slay’s. But I’m sure Hargrave would probably be higher on their list for that money.

Depends what scheme we are doing I suppose. Penetrating DT and strong boundary corners are flux positions, CB less so. But like Schwartz wasn’t as big on that.

37 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Schedule is definitely tough next year, but outside of @ KC, none of the other away games are against particularly tough opponents. All the hard games are at home.

Glad we will have a home Thursday night game, or else I could see them doing that game. 

Guess I could see them doing that as the 3rd thanksgiving game if Kelce is back. Milk that Kelce bowl stuff again. Then we’d play Thursday in Philly the week before or after.

22 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Schedule is definitely tough next year, but outside of @ KC, none of the other away games are against particularly tough opponents. All the hard games are at home.

Every year we analyze the schedule and almost every year we’re wrong.  Schedule doesn’t matter in February.  If the Eagles can fill the holes on defense and stay healthy, they win 11-12 games next year.