The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Just finished ITB podcast. Lots of interesting free agent stuff. They went through each of the pending free agents and what they are hearing is going on with them.

Minshew- no news yet. Not a priority but not against bringing him back

Sanders- will let him test the market but willing to bring him back if the price is right. They also heard they will have interest in Kareem Hunt and Alexander Mattison

Seumalo- he is all but gone. They expect him to get overpaid in Free Agency

Cox/Hargrave- They expect the Eagles to get one of them done and the other will walk. Hargrave might not get the huge contract we think he might.

TJ Edwards- Eagles want him back and he really wants to play in Philly but several teams will be after him. He could get priced out.

Kyzir White- no news, but they'd be surprised if they bring him back

Bradbury- all but gone. Guy is going to get paid.

CJGJ- He is their #1 priority and they are actively working to get that deal done before FA. They didn't rule out the franchise tag....

Marcus Epps- no news yet which makes sense given how much they want CJ back. I heard from other places he could have a market.

No mention of Kelce and BG.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Well to be fair the nfc south sucks out loud. Carr is easily the best QB in the division now.

Very low bar, but yeah.

without a first it’s probably the best they could’ve done.

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Very low bar, but yeah.

without a first it’s probably the best they could’ve done.

I mean as long as the panthers don't find some way to upgrade at QB the saints could easily win the division next year.

30 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Cox/Hargrave- They expect the Eagles to get one of them done and the other will walk. Hargrave might not get the huge contract we think he might.

This is the biggest revelation IMO

24 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I mean as long as the panthers don't find some way to upgrade at QB the saints could easily win the division next year.

For the chaos, them trading for Lamar would be fun. Obviously don’t need the NFC to get any better, but would be a fun outcome.

They are already set up better than the saints with the rest of the roster and staff.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Carr took 37.5 a year no way Daniel Jones takes less than that right?

Probably just meet at the middle at $40m, right?

Maybe give him a signing bonus to make later years have less guarantees/dead cap

Does Vegas put us towards the tops of landing big players just to steal our Fans money? Or is there actual some truth to it?

Seeing that we're the favorite to land Derrick Henry is fun and exciting to think about.. I just don't see it happening.

Would love to see him play here at least for the year left in his contract but just seems farfetched 

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

We're letting CGJ walk aren't we.. ugh this is upsetting. Hope I'm wrong but it's getting too close to the tag deadline. FA is almost here too 😢

Hey don't worry me like that, I was a bit relieved when we heard he wasn't going anywhere. 

But maybe the fact that he hasn't been tagged is a good indicator that the deal is actually close.

49 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Hey don't worry me like that, I was a bit relieved when we heard he wasn't going anywhere. 

But maybe the fact that he hasn't been tagged is a good indicator that the deal is actually close.

Sorry the only way to guarantee that, was by tagging him. Really no reason not to. All they had to do is tell Him and his Agent, we will get a deal done just need the extra time.

Now any team can come in , go crazy over pay and unless CGJ doesn't chase the money which would be a shocker IMO, he's gone! Should of Tagged him.

In Howie I trust though. 🤷‍♂️