Week 13 GDT: Wentzlvania Tuddy Hoofers (10-1) vs the Seattle Legion of Boo- Boos (7-4)

EaglesPeteC

I honestly wanted this game to silence some haters but I'm really not too worried. Now, it hurts the home field advantage but I'm not doubting the team very much. Wilson is just one of those special guys ala Rodgers, Brady that sometimes are just unflappable. He was pressured all night and seemed to find a way. He always does. He's just a matchup nightmare for us. I wouldn't be happy seeing them again in the playoffs. Even in Philly.

These are the ebbs and flows of the NFL. Sometimes it's not who you play, it's when you play them. And usuallly matchups dictate. This one was going to be tough and it was. With that said, I think we still could have won. I'm really critical of Carson for last night. Maybe unjustly. But he missed quite a few times. The Alshon hold was a killer. The non challenge was a killer. I think a smoother game out of us and we win that game. If we play them tomorrow I think we win. It's a good learning opportunity. We could really galvanize for next week and put ourselves right back in the thick of things knocking the Rams out of bye contention. I fully expect a team that's ready to play next week. I'm not saying we roll but I think you get the best game we're going to be able to pay. And that gives us a great chance to win. 

For those a little scared, look back to 2004. We looked unstoppable for 7-8 weeks or whatever and got absolutely slapped by a good Pittsburgh team that year in Pitts. Much like Seattle. We then reeled off 6 more wins before losing 2 meaningless games at the end of the season where we benched half the team. Next week is going to be a great test to more than just our talent. Also our fortitude, resolve and chemsitry. I think we answer the bell. 

11 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I honestly wanted this game to silence some haters but I'm really not too worried. Now, it hurts the home field advantage but I'm not doubting the team very much. Wilson is just one of those special guys ala Rodgers, Brady that sometimes are just unflappable. He was pressured all night and seemed to find a way. He always does. He's just a matchup nightmare for us. I wouldn't be happy seeing them again in the playoffs. Even in Philly.

These are the ebbs and flows of the NFL. Sometimes it's not who you play, it's when you play them. And usuallly matchups dictate. This one was going to be tough and it was. With that said, I think we still could have won. I'm really critical of Carson for last night. Maybe unjustly. But he missed quite a few times. The Alshon hold was a killer. The non challenge was a killer. I think a smoother game out of us and we win that game. If we play them tomorrow I think we win. It's a good learning opportunity. We could really galvanize for next week and put ourselves right back in the thick of things knocking the Rams out of bye contention. I fully expect a team that's ready to play next week. I'm not saying we roll but I think you get the best game we're going to be able to pay. And that gives us a great chance to win. 

For those a little scared, look back to 2004. We looked unstoppable for 7-8 weeks or whatever and got absolutely slapped by a good Pittsburgh team that year in Pitts. Much like Seattle. We then reeled off 6 more wins before losing 2 meaningless games at the end of the season where we benched half the team. Next week is going to be a great test to more than just our talent. Also our fortitude, resolve and chemsitry. I think we answer the bell. 

No one should doubt this team because of last night.  The only thing a little concerning is how sloppy we've been in consecutive games. We were careless and made a ton of mistakes against the Bears and still won. We did the same thing against Seattle and found out that you don't beat good teams playing like that.  I'm not too worried about it, our offense might struggle against the Rams, but I would be surprised if our defense suddenly falls off a cliff.  

Which leads me to this.  Wentz has been really good this season, but I think a lot of people were getting carried away with how meaningful he is to the success of this team.  That's not to try and downplay what he's done, he's been VERY good for us, but in my mind, our defense is what drives this team.  That's actually a good thing in forecasting the success of this team and a big reason why I'm not too concerned with last night.  As J said, there aren't many QBs that could do what Wilson did last night.

35 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I can't see Goff or Keenum or whoever not named Wilson getting out of that game alive. The strength of our team is doing just fine. And that's a real good reason why I'm not worried and still think we get that 1st seed. 

Knew I always loved you for good reason Roc.

Joey-Gives-Chandler-a-Bro-Hug-On-Friends

The thing I am worried about is our OL vs Donald and company this coming week. Last night showed us that we struggled vs a very good DL and we have another good one coming up this week. We have to do a better job up front especially in pass protection.

Taking care of the football and limiting penalties should be the theme this coming week. Yeah, the refs called a few too many on us and not quite enough on them, but last night we were grabbing a pulling on WRs left and right. Gotta improve. 

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Blaming the game on the refs is weak sauce. Eagles weren't good enough to win no matter what they did or didn't call 

I am certainly not blaming the refs for our loss. We deserved to lose. We grabbed and held WRs all night and deserved to get called for them. I do think Seattle got away with more, but that is the NFL sometimes.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I can't see Goff or Keenum or whoever not named Wilson getting out of that game alive. The strength of our team is doing just fine. And that's a real good reason why I'm not worried and still think we get that 1st seed. 

This! If the Rams allow anywhere close to that kind of pressure Sunday on Goff, he won't survive the game. However the one thing they do have that Seattle Doesn't is a Legit Running Back/Game!!!

We better tighten up on the Dumb @ss penalties and TO's or that game too, won't go as planned.

Russell Wilson played out of his god damn mind last night. I'm not even mad anymore. He's a Super Bowl champion. He's that dude. He had a great night. He knew exactly what to do against almost everything we threw at him. He was marvelous last night and I'm impressed. Dude should be MVP. I mean holy crap what a one man show.

I put this loss on penalties (not the refs, just us being undisciplined and getting penalized), Doug's play-calling for 2/3 of the game, and the Wentz fumble. Kendricks and Mills were awful as well. Not Malcolm Jenkins' best game either. The drive where we had like 4 or 5 penalties in a row was infuriating. Team needs to sort that crap out real quick because these 3rd down doofus penalties have been rearing their head all season and all year last year. it's the main reason I'm not sold on Doug as a HC despite our record, chemistry, and win total. We get so many stupid penalties, that are deserved 4 out of 5 times, almost every week since Doug took over.

Archived