Is Mayfield a first rounder???

Iamcanadian

8 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Baker Mayfield's 2017 season is the #1 all-time efficient passing season in college football history.

He passed Baker Mayfield's 2016 season, which is now #2 all-time.

I'm telling you 

The analytics are going to support drafting him 

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I think you're right for the most part. Plus we have a tendency to draft guys who win awards. Nassib and Ogunjobi come to mind. 

Corey Coleman 

Jabril Peppers

Ogbah 

Schobert

all won major awards in CFB or their conference 

but if we do pick number 1 they’d go with Darnold I believe 

There's no doubt he's a first rounder. I'm not sure there's a single thing he could possibly do to change that short of a severe injury. Hell, even a poor combine will still leave him a late first rounder because of his game tape.

Dude's got laser accuracy, fierce competitive attitude, dedication to the game, etc...

He is NOT Johnny Manziel. I'm so tired of those comparisons solely based on the fact that the dude makes plays and talks trash. On and off the field, the guy is a leader to the fullest extent.

As of now, I think he goes in the top 15. Things can change, obviously, as the offseason progresses, but I don't see his stock moving anywhere except up.

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

Doesn't Bakers lack of ideal height go against their analytics?

Peace!!!

Yeah 

But yeah if you look at it Cody didn’t fit the athletic analytical profile but he did from a statistical standooint

I think it’d be the same with Baker

I think the height thing is thinking with analytics from 10-15 years ago rather than today. Back then, you did the height measurement to get a guy who could see over the line and not get passes batted down. But now we can (I'm sure they COULD have back then to, but as far as I know it was never commonly done) measure how many times a guy's passes get batted down and use that as a more accurate extrapolation point. And in that category Mayfield is fantastic, lower # and % of batted balls than a number of guys 6'4+ who have gone in the first couple rounds the last few years.

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Totally. I don't hate it any way they slice it. 

Yeah, I'm sure I'll develop favorites as the process proceeds, but right now I wouldn't be PO'ed about any of Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold. And I even like Jackson in the 1st too (though likely not at #1). Compared to last year, I looooove this class. I didn't like ANY of last year's QBs in the 1st. I'd take four guys this year in the 1st.

8 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yeah, I'm sure I'll develop favorites as the process proceeds, but right now I wouldn't be PO'ed about any of Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold. And I even like Jackson in the 1st too (though likely not at #1). Compared to last year, I looooove this class. I didn't like ANY of last year's QBs in the 1st. I'd take four guys this year in the 1st.

The order isn't alphabetical so is this your order of preference?

Archived