DolFan 2 round mock (with trades)

DolFanDeluxe

On 2/21/2023 at 5:41 AM, DolFanDeluxe said:

***TRADE*** Carolina trade 1st rounder (9), 2nd rounder (61) and 2nd rounder in 2024 for DET 1st rounder (6)

That's a HUGE premium on a 3 pick swap for QB3.  I don't see them getting a future SRP on top of their SRP this year for moving up 3 slots.  Maybe swap that to either a 4th round pick this year or a 3rd round pick next year, and you're probably closer.

***TRADE*** Green Bay trade 1st rounder (15) and 3rd rounder (78) for HOU 1st rounder (12)
12. Green Bay Packers (from HOU) - Peter Skoronski, T, Northwestern

I don't hate the pick, but I don't see Green Bay trading up to get him.  The Packers took Zach Tom last year, and he seems like the heir apparent to David Bakhtiari at LT but he'll likely be the starting RT until then.  Value-wise, I don't like the idea of trading up to get him either.  If he falls to 15, take him but I'm not seeing the motivation to move up to take him.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2023 at 7:54 AM, INbengalfan said:

Works perfectly for the Bengals (personally I'd go Kancey, but RT is a definite need so no complaints)

Can't say it any better than that.  Lots of possibilities for the Bengals, few of them would be "wrong" choices.

On 2/22/2023 at 8:00 AM, Danger said:

I understand it but...

I hate the Bijan pick.

Tyree Wilson A++

I feel like when you draft a first round pick the ultimate goal and best outcome is that player is good enough to get a second contract from the team. running backs should never be given second contracts so taking one that early makes no sense.

On 2/21/2023 at 6:41 AM, DolFanDeluxe said:

8. Atlanta Falcons - Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

Terrible pick. The Falcons have a better QB than Levis already on the roster in Ridder. Tyree Wilson would be the better pick and fit here. They need EDGE as well.

On 2/21/2023 at 6:41 AM, DolFanDeluxe said:

44. Atlanta Falcons - Andre Carter II, EDGE, Army

If they take Wilson, they'll need more IDL or CB instead.

On 2/25/2023 at 12:38 PM, scar988 said:

Terrible pick. The Falcons have a better QB than Levis already on the roster in Ridder. Tyree Wilson would be the better pick and fit here. They need EDGE as well.

If they take Wilson, they'll need more IDL or CB instead.

Nice to see im not the only one who thinks this way.  Im really not a fan of Levis coming out and think Ridder who i had as a late 1st guy last year is the better QB.  I don't have Levis as a 1st round guy or as good as Ridder if they were in the same draft.    I would take Richardson over Levis if i had to take a flyer on upside although i don't want either of them or any QB for that matter in the draft in the 1st 4 rounds.

31. Kansas City Chiefs - Keion White, EDGE, Georgia Tech

Good idea but poor execution. Most yeas White is in the 30 to 40 range but not in this Edge class. You bypassed Ojuari and Nolan Smith to make this pick and both rate higher. Better yet, give Chris Jones some help and give KC Siaki Ika.

63. Kansas City Chiefs - Rashee Rice, WR, SMU

The Chiefs will be looking for veteran help on the OL. Any WR should be day #3. 

Ideally they should trade up for the sliding Anton Harrison. Failing that, Berrgeron or the next Edge up--Tuli or AA. I would even accept LaPorta.

Once OTs Broderick Jones, Paris Johnson, and Peter Skoronski are gone I like the O'Cyrus Torrence pick, backed up by Jaelyn Duncan at #43.  (I'd be happier still with a swing tackle.)  The 2023 draft strikes me as very thin at OG (and RT).  The ground game needs another carcass remover, even if all their linemen return healthy.

Nice work, DolFanDeluxe.