2018 NBA Draft Prospects

devils1854

3 hours ago, jyod21 said:

Bamba and Jackson Jr are the most natural fits for Cleveland.  I'd imagine both will be in play for them, too, as long as that Brooklyn pick holds in the top 7. 

If they landed the number 1 pick, and LeBron stays, would you prefer they take Ayton, or trade down, and select Bamba?

Ayton all the way. He might not be as good of a rim protector but that overall skill set from that Size is amazing. it also gives the Cavs one hell of a trade chip

On 12/20/2017 at 8:38 PM, catcheryea said:

i dont think he's all that skilled

basically a slightly more perimeter version of julius randle

UK fan here so may be biased. Knox is tremendously skilled.

To me, his biggest issue is he doesn't seem engaged most of the time. A lot of times during the game, he is standing still in the corner. He is worthless playing like this. When Knox is driving the ball, running off screens, etc., he is an absolute force. His defensive intensity also picks up when he is doing that. Just from watching every game, the team goes as Knox goes. His outside shot is streaky so you can wonder if that will change. But he still has a big frame to play 3/4 in the NBA, sneaky athleticism and I think will shoot close to 40% from 3pt.

I'm not sure why he isn't always engaged or if that will ever change. I'm not advocating him to be a top 7 pick. This draft is far to talented for that. But you can see his talent as he takes over games. Seems like he is holding himself back..

2 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Orlando's definitely going to make that mistake. 

Every time Weltman talks he just says they want versatile guys who can switch almost everything. All GMs say that, but I hope he just sticks to his dialogue/last draft of taking long guys that can do a little of everything... unless a bonafide studs on the board. 

9 hours ago, Jetfan66 said:

UK fan here so may be biased. Knox is tremendously skilled.

To me, his biggest issue is he doesn't seem engaged most of the time. A lot of times during the game, he is standing still in the corner. He is worthless playing like this. When Knox is driving the ball, running off screens, etc., he is an absolute force. His defensive intensity also picks up when he is doing that. Just from watching every game, the team goes as Knox goes. His outside shot is streaky so you can wonder if that will change. But he still has a big frame to play 3/4 in the NBA, sneaky athleticism and I think will shoot close to 40% from 3pt.

I'm not sure why he isn't always engaged or if that will ever change. I'm not advocating him to be a top 7 pick. This draft is far to talented for that. But you can see his talent as he takes over games. Seems like he is holding himself back..

Yes, Knox is very skilled and clearly the best player on this UK team. Body of a 4, but has the skill to create space off the dribble and drain a 3 in your face. Cal will push him out if he's a lotto lock, but I think he would benefit from another year and solidify a top 10 spot if he committed in the offseason to being either a 3 or 4 at the next level and worked on those skills. I wouldn't be all that comfortable taking him in the lotto if I were an NBA team, would much rather take my shot with a guy like Shai, even though he's got a significantly lower floor and will require more work.

Ayton or Bagley, who do you take?

55 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yes, Knox is very skilled and clearly the best player on this UK team. Body of a 4, but has the skill to create space off the dribble and drain a 3 in your face. Cal will push him out if he's a lotto lock, but I think he would benefit from another year and solidify a top 10 spot if he committed in the offseason to being either a 3 or 4 at the next level and worked on those skills. I wouldn't be all that comfortable taking him in the lotto if I were an NBA team, would much rather take my shot with a guy like Shai, even though he's got a significantly lower floor and will require more work.

Tonight was top 10 Knox. All around great performance from the Cats. First time they've really been able to extend a lead in SEC play.

As for Ayton or Bagley, it really is a toss up for me. Lean towards Ayton but couldn't fault anyone for going the other way. I would love to see how Ayton would be anchoring the Zona defense at Center full time.

16 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I'd be happy with Knox as a late lottery type.  He's pretty similar to Tobias Harris.  I think he's going to be a solid player.  

Ayton.  I love Ayton.  Bagley is good, and has almost started to get slept on as a prospect, as the season has went on, but he doesn't have the same ceiling as Ayton.

4 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

I'd be happy with Knox as a late lottery type.  He's pretty similar to Tobias Harris.  I think he's going to be a solid player.  

Ayton.  I love Ayton.  Bagley is good, and has almost started to get slept on as a prospect, as the season has went on, but he doesn't have the same ceiling as Ayton.

Bagley has a ceiling of Kevin Garnett. That's a pretty damn huge ceiling. 

28 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

And you're willing to pass on that for a less athletic Brandon Roy?

Depends on what I need/fits/other variables. I think Doncic is the most sure thing. I've already admitted his upside isn't on the same level as some of the other prospects.

I have watched far less college ball thus far than I would have liked but I'm gonna go all in on the tournament but it seems like there is sort of a tier one top 6 players right now in whatever order: Luka, Bagley, Ayton, Bamba, Jackson and Porter Jr. (Despite injury) would you all agree with that? Maybe a top 5 sans Porter Jr.? I'm just polling the room on this. 

19 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Bagley has a ceiling of Kevin Garnett. That's a pretty damn huge ceiling. 

If you view that as his ceiling, then sure.  I don't see Kevin Garnett.  Maybe Chris Bosh.  I don't think he'll ever be a KG level defender, or offer the same playmaking ability KG had.  

If you see Bagley as a KG level ceiling, why is he not your top prospect?  That's a future 1st ballot player.

What's your top 10 right now?  Just big board.

11 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

I have watched far less college ball thus far than I would have liked but I'm gonna go all in on the tournament but it seems like there is sort of a tier one top 6 players right now in whatever order: Luka, Bagley, Ayton, Bamba, Jackson and Porter Jr. (Despite injury) would you all agree with that? Maybe a top 5 sans Porter Jr.? I'm just polling the room on this. 

Yeah, that's pretty much how it is.  Maybe a top 7, depending on your opinion of Trae Young.  I think he goes in that group, because there really isn't a whole lot else at PG.  I like Sexton, but I think Young comes off the board before him.  Sexton might end up as a 3rd combo guard you bring off the bench.  This class is solid at the top, but really falls off.  It's a strong bigman class, which we haven't had in a while.  

Archived