2023 NFL offseason

Forge

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Yeah I mean this is it for Lance. He has Training Camp, Pre-Season, and maybe the first couple of games in the regular season to prove he's the guy. If he does, great. If he doesn't, his time in SF is done. 

I don't think he has a real opportunity to do that, tbh. He's never taking the job based on camp. 

He needs real games. 

The niners are already done with him, I think. 

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Doesn't look like we'll kick the season off with the Browns. I'd say weeks 1 and 2 will be some combination of Steelers, Browns, and Commanders. I think it's 2 of the 3.

Right, it looks like we are playing Pittsburgh in week 1 so it make sense for the league to schedule the Cleveland game in week 2. We will get to stay in Ohio as we often do on these road trips. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, N4L said:

I would tend to agree with you regarding the bolded, however I think the NFL would prefer the game be played with Purdy for ratings, and by putting the game in week 13, they have maximized the chances he is starting and in good health. 

I would not be surprised if the NFL thinks that Kyle is 100% committed to Purdy as his QB. That may not actually be true, but I think they may believe it to be true (although I am just guessing). A lot of what we have heard from the media is that Kyle was committed to him pre-injury. 

He may not start a game for us this season, he may start week 1, but week 13 is a time when I would say he has the highest likelihood of starting. 

I mean... How can you read that quote and not think he's talking about Purdy? Would love to hear the full quote. Does anyone have a video of Kyle from yesterday? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

I mean... How can you read that quote and not think he's talking about Purdy? Would love to hear the full quote. Does anyone have a video of Kyle from yesterday? 

He's definitely committed to Purdy as the starter. I mean, he called him a franchise QB yesterday lol (which is absolutely insane after 7 games or whatever unless he's just saying that for coach speak). 

15 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm guessing week 18 is going to be Seahawks at home. NFL tries to put whoever they think is the second best team in the division as our week 18 opponent. Seahawks make a lot of sense. 

Looks like it's probably going to be the Rams for us, then.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I just think he's referring to a QB with a pulse. 

Whether that's Purdy, Trey, or Darnold remains to be seen.

But ANY of those give you a better chance than Josh Johnson & a QB who can't throw further than 5-6 yards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

The main schedule leak account backs this one up, yeah I get it.

Which account? Lol it's a game of telephone with this. 

I trust the leaks to a guy like J, cough cough I mean crocky, but thats because he has actual connections to the team (or any team rather)

34 minutes ago, N4L said:

Which account? Lol it's a game of telephone with this. 

I trust the leaks to a guy like J, cough cough I mean crocky, but thats because he has actual connections to the team (or any team rather)

This account. They've been pretty accurate over the last few seasons.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Two road games to start the season so I am guessing it will be against Pittsburgh and Cleveland in the first two weeks? Then come home against the Giants on TNF?

Nailed it. Giants has been confirmed. (cle has not as of yet)