Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’ll give you the TDs - but wins aren’t a QB stat.

It isn’t but I think it’s pretty easy to understand why people questioned if Fields should be the guy going forward while they didn’t with Lamar. He was way more productive but beyond that I don’t think any team is going to replace their starter if they’ve won like 90% of the games he has played. If you’ve won 20% of the games though…

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It isn’t but I think it’s pretty easy to understand why people questioned if Fields should be the guy going forward while they didn’t with Lamar. He was way more productive but beyond that I don’t think any team is going to replace their starter if they’ve won like 90% of the games he has played. If you’ve won 20% of the games though…

Don’t disagree, but it’s still something I have to remind everyone. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I’ll give you the TDs - but wins aren’t a QB stat.

As a Raider fan I watched Carr split our fanbase because he didn't have the 'wins' but I still wanted him because I knew his strengths/weaknesses. He also WANTED to be wearing the Silver and Black, and that attitude is hard to find these past few decades. Trading Mack was our downfall, which I don't think that happens under any other coach so Gruden was our downfall but Mark Davis hired the guy so the bowl cut is our downfall. At least you were able to move on from the coach that destroyed your franchise. (The BOB) Our problem is (Bowl Cut) but we should start counting Owners win/loss records and see if they hire better coaches.  😃

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Don’t disagree, but it’s still something I have to remind everyone. 

Even the TD’s have to be looked at differently.  Lamar’s line, RB’s, and top pass catchers were much better than Fields had too.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I mean Lamar had the superior team. Remember the bears gutted their roster before the season started. They cut traded their whole defensive core. They let Arob walk. There’s always context. Still, Fields was unreal as a rusher. Dude was goated and posted Numbers Lamar will never touch as a rusher. There’s more room for Fields to grow as a passer than there is for Lamar as a rusher. Adding Dj Moore and more weapons will accelerate his growth. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I mean Lamar had the superior team. Remember the bears gutted their roster before the season started. They cut traded their whole defensive core. They let Arob walk. There’s always context. Still, Fields was unreal as a rusher. Dude was goated and posted Numbers Lamar will never touch as a rusher. There’s more room for Fields to grow as a passer than there is for Lamar as a rusher. Adding Dj Moore and more weapons will accelerate his growth. 

Now ask yourself why would a team gut their roster if they believes they has a franchise QB? Also Lamar had more rushing yards in his second season than Fields had last year, lol.

13 hours ago, Soko said:

“They were so good, they didn’t have to pass” is such a lame excuse. They were a run dominant team - that’s why they didn’t pass more. 

And who was the best rusher on that dominant run team - arguably the greatest rushing offense in modern NFL history? 

15 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I didn't say throw for 400 I said combined passing/rushing for 400.

Lamar had more passing TDs when they were ahead by more than 2 scores than he had in all of the close games all season. He thrived getting passing TDs with a big lead. Maybe he could have had more, he had a great year before the league figured a better way to attack him, but the guys with 5k yards and 50 TDs could probably say the same.

Lamar was throwing TD passes up 35 points.

So you are critical of Lamar because he doesn't have enough counting stats (yards and TDs), and yet you have an issue with him throwing TDs with a lead in the 3rd quarter to put the game away. When exactly was Lamar supposed to accumulate his passing stats?   

FYI Lamar was 5-1 in one-score games in 2019, with the only loss being by 5 points on the road to the Super Bowl champion Chiefs. I don't see how you can be overly critical of his performance in one-score games when the team won almost all of them.

Lamar did exactly was was needed to win the close games, and blew out teams by the 3rd quarter and rested in the 4th in many others. 

EDIT: I'll add that blowing out teams by the 3rd quarter is actually quite valuable. It allows the team to rest vets and players playing with injury. 

Edited by AngusMcFife
Added point

28 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

And who was the best rusher on that dominant run team - arguably the greatest rushing offense in modern NFL history? 

Lamar.

Do you need a step-by-step explanation on how that has nothing to do with the post?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Now ask yourself why would a team gut their roster if they believes they has a franchise QB? 

It’s part of the GM transition from Pace to Poles - every GM guts a roster upon arrival, it’s not indicative of what said GM thought about Fields.

• Like 1