Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Then we’ve got a backup that’s a Pro Bowl QB and Lamar will have gone an entire year not having gotten paid a dime.

And we saw how sitting out a year hurt another runningback, Leveon Bell

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I highly doubt the Ravens are willing to give Lamar up for a single FRP. You’re being highly dramatic.

They’re going to risk selecting a singular ~30-40% chance of a bust, with only a 5% chance of getting a player on a similar level to Lamar’s impact… all because they don’t (presumably) like how negotiations have gone down?

EDC won’t be around for long if that’s the level of his idiocy.

It’s not their ideal scenario, but I don’t see Baltimore ponying up + that relationship mending. At that point, you have dead weight on the roster, holding up big dollars, with, allegedly, no one interested. JMO.

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Then we’ve got a backup that’s a Pro Bowl QB and Lamar will have gone an entire year not having gotten paid a dime.

I have nothing riding on it. I love Lamar as a player and rather he stay in BAL as I think it gives him the best chance to win. Just don't see him coming back to BAL for less. Too big a blow to the ego. EDC doesn't strike me as Mike Brown levels of petty. If Lamar doesn't want to come back I don't see him passing up 2 first round picks and ridding the headache.  

7 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I just want to be clear: everyone who (rightfully) calls Lamar Jackson an RB (except in the Ray Liota thread) will earn a digital football from yours truly. I don't think I've been clear enough about that.

I’ll one up you. Tom Brady was a runningback. 

Exhibit A, B, C, and D of him being a dog**** passer:ccBH3cJ.gif

hTXtFJ8.gif

KDvqsy3.gif

HPRVZnB.gif

Now, Exhibit A, B, C, and D of him being a godlike runner:

g6CR7kh.gif
N3SjeYC.gif

rTsz3Aw.gif

5WOBea7.gif

There you have it 

dX5x2pa.gif

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I just want to be clear: everyone who (rightfully) calls Lamar Jackson an RB (except in the Ray Liota thread) will earn a digital football from yours truly. I don't think I've been clear enough about that.

I do see him as a RB who plays QB, his entire game is reliant upon running the football and he is often trigger happy with it instead of letting plays actually develop. Its a major part of why guys like Hollywood Brown didnt wanna be there despite being targeted 146 times. 

Having said that I think it is absolutely in the indianapolis court best interest to go all in for Lamar Jackson. 

Their running game is reliant on Jonathan Taylor's ability to stay healthy which is something he has not shown. He is capable of doing to this point. And frankly their passing game is non existent. So they essentially could make an opposing AFC Conferrence oppomemy weaker by making this happen and strengthening themselves in both facets of their game. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

The Ravens can suspend him and fine him so they recoup their $. 

Has he signed the tag?  If not, you couldn't be more wrong.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Do you mean backup to a Pro Bowl QB?  Yes.  Do you mean a Pro Bowl QB in the same veinas Andy Dalton was here (like 7th alternate after everyone else was either still playing or opted out with "injuries?  OK, if it helps push the narrative.