Rams trade CB Jalen Ramsey to Dolphins for 3rd rounder + TE Hunter Long

RaidersAreOne

49 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Really not sure why Rams fans ever expected they were going to keep dragging out this window, a window everyone else clearly saw was over. 

They had a great 5 year run. That’s about the most you can realistically hope for. It was time for a hard reset, 2-3 years of suck and building the next team. If McVay is committed long term, they will be in good position when they have all their assets back in a year or two. Be grateful your front office isn’t trying to delay the inevitable chasing another ring next year.

It would be on thing if they didn't have any good teams in their division with them so getting to the playoffs was going to be extremely easy where anything could happen.  Now the real question is do they try and get a haul for Donald while they still can and just eat the dead cap this year?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raves said:

It would be on thing if they didn't have any good teams in their division with them so getting to the playoffs was going to be extremely easy where anything could happen.  Now the real question is do they try and get a haul for Donald while they still can and just eat the dead cap this year?

I get the impression Donald and Kupp are the two guys they don’t want to cash out on. IIRC, Donald only wanted to come back to play for McVay so this could very well be a last hurrah season for him on a below .500 team. He got his ring so he might be fine just chilling in LA for another year and finishing things out with the team that drafted him.

6 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Everyone that was on the "they aren't getting a first" train just got bailed out. They were technically right but only because of an absolute fleecing of a trade. You can't just assume that. 

I'll give Les time to see what he does in free agency now, but it might be time for him to go. This was one of his worst trades I can remember. 

I don’t like the trade in it’s separate entity but if the plan is to get Ramsey money completely off the books and send him to where he wants to go to continue to help the Rams be a place players want to while helping 2024 offseason give the Rams a ton of cap space to really get put back on the map then it’s not a total waste. It’s taking one step back in order to take three steps forward. It’s the opposite of what the Saints are doing. Their bill will be due but they are still kicking the can down the road rather than going through one or even two seasons of a bit of retool then coming back big with great cap space and putting themselves back on the map.

23 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Assuming full health the Dolphins are the best team in the AFC East by a pretty large margin right now.

I don’t think so. Tua is still a huge question and Buffalo is quite good. If the Jets add Rodgers they will be a tough team as well. They might be the best team in the East, but not by a large margin   

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I don’t like the trade in it’s separate entity but if the plan is to get Ramsey money completely off the books and send him to where he wants to go to continue to help the Rams be a place players want to while helping 2024 offseason give the Rams a ton of cap space to really get put back on the map then it’s not a total waste. It’s taking one step back in order to take three steps forward. It’s the opposite of what the Saints are doing. Their bill will be due but they are still kicking the can down the road rather than going through one or even two seasons of a bit of retool then coming back big with great cap space and putting themselves back on the map.

I understand this shouldn’t be taken at face value, but you’re not parlaying Ramsey’s 2023 and beyond impact into 3x it’s value with: 3rd round pick, 3rd-string TE, cap space.

This is taking an immediate 3 steps back to take a potential 2 steps forward in 2 years.

• Like 3

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Y’all 2nd until proven otherwise.

Nah. That gap at QB. 

Buffalo’s king around here until proven otherwise. Miami gotta earn that by winning games, not just from winning pre-free agency.